Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

julieaponte

1. Pureed Food

I'm supposed to start blended/pureed on Monday. I've been really hungry though which I wasn't expecting. I feel like I'm healing really good and I feel great. I blended some chili really well last night and I swear it was the best thing ever lol. Did anybody else ever feel like they were ready for the next phase a bit ahead of time? I also chewed up a piece of gouda really well. It all went down well and I feel great today. I'm even having no trouble going to the bathroom (pardon the overshare) ...
  2. Almost There! Need advice :)

My surgery is set for December 6th for the gastric sleeve and I am so excited! I have been working on this for over a year and it's finally almost here. I'm nervous & excited at the same time. I meet with the surgeon in a few weeks, any suggestions on questions I should ask him? Any hospital tips for packing or what to expect? Any advise is greatly appreciated! Thanks
  3. The beginning

Quote Originally Posted by julieaponte View Post
    So I am still in the very beginning stage of this process. I have been to several appointments and have been to my first round of classes for behavior, diet, & exercise. I have 3 more rounds each of those classes and several more appointments to go. What I really like about how Kaiser has set this up is that the classes are in a group setting and you are with the same group of people every time so you build friendships and a support system of people going through the exact same process as you.