Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Clothes Shopping 101

The topic of shopping for clothes has been showing up in the threads and blogs I have been reading. As a direct result (and if I am so inclined), I have chosen to openly discuss this topic for those who have yet to experience this firsthand.

Let discount, secondhand, and thrift stores become your ally. Any of these stores will benefit you (and your pocketbook) greatly when searching for clothing that may only be temporarily worn. What I currently do is shop for my current size, as ...
  2. Big NSV today!

So I decided that today was the day to begin shopping for clothes. While this may seem strange since I'm very early in my journey, but there is a method to the madness.

First, I normally live overseas and I'm just in the US temporarily. I want to take advantage of all the great shopping the country has to offer, and that I quite frankly took for granted for the 30+ years that I lived here. You never miss your Wal-Mart until it's gone.

Additionally, I'm going to start ...
  3. I'm Trying, The Scale and The Wardrobe

2 weeks out and I'm trying to balance the dilemma between the scale and the wardrobe. I lost 15 pounds in the first week and now.....nothing. Granted it's only been two weeks but there I'm feeling a bit frustrated. I want to lose, lose, lose. I'm following all the rules. On the other hand, I've already thrown out some baggy-butt underwear and my clothes are getting bigger.

Why am I so addicted to the scale? Is this a stall, already? Mind games are trying to win!
  4. 1st major Jeans Shopping

So I went to my favorite store (Buckle) and was going to buy some shorts and jeans b/c nothing fits in my closet, literally hanging off - with a belt. THe girl comes to help asks my size, and I said, I really have no idea at all. I picked up a size 30 (because I previously couldn't hardly squeeze into a 33/1x/14/16) and she said, "girl no way, that's way too big! Try these" Handing me 28s! I laugh, knowing she is CRAZY, or just being nice, I've not been in a 28... I don't think ever, even ...
  5. Coming up on three months post-op

2/12/14 will be my three month sleeve-adversary and I'm down 60 pounds. I have an appointment with my surgeon on 2/5 and I will have my first post-op blood work done. I'm interested to see how the numbers are. I'm down at least four clothes sizes, fitting into even more jeans I had held onto in the hope that "some day"....well, some day is here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast