Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Approved yet Denied....

Well, the insurance coordinator submitted my file on May 3rd. The insurance company recieved the file on May 4th and assigned my case to a representative on May 7th. Okay....the insurance represented indicated VSG procedure was approved on May 7th, however, the "in patient" prior authorization was denied because its considered "hospitalization".

So, the bariatric insurance coordinator has to speak with the surgeon and resubmit the prior authorization again; she's ...
  2. 3 weeks post op and can eat more than I thought

So I’m 3 weeks in and am really happy with the initial 15lb lost however it has plateaued and my food intake is more than I hoped. I am now on mushed food and can easily eat salmon and sweet potato. I can also drink a a fair amount of fluids. I am worried that my sleeve is too big as I am still feeling hungry 🙈. I have never felt nauseous from my meals. Am I panicking or is this normal?
  3. This Is Your Life Now

In recent days, my wife (a fellow VSG alumni) and I have had conversations related to the successes and failures we feel we have been experiencing as a direct result of complacency, lack of local VSG community support, personal decision making, etc. And it was though these conversations that we have concluded that while we may feel a loss of accountability and support that we once experienced in Phoenix, we still have one another, and that between she and I, that should be more than adequate regarding ...