Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Erina

1. Finally the weight is falling off again after 2 1/2 yrs.

I haven't been on this forum, too often lately. Life has gotten me sidetracked and down trodden. I originally had my surgery 2 1/2 yrs ago. The reasons for me were two fold. The most obvious one would be the desire to lose weight. The more hidden one was the desire to feel no more pain. You see I have fibromyalgia, and some kind of "undiagnosed auto-immune disorder." I had hoped that by losing the weight the pain would magically disappear. While I have lost 60 lbs. I stalled at the just ...
  2. "Hungry for Change"

I am going to make a plug for a very informative documentary that I watched on Netflix last night. It is called "Hungry for Change". I highly recommend it to all sleevers. I have for a long time known that I needed to change my diet to nutrient rich foods. The main reason that I had this surgery done was because I have struggled with Fibromyalgia for 3 yrs and I knew that the number 1 recommended way that I could come across putting it into remission was with a diet healthy in raw ...
  3. No Surgery, No Gimmick, Really?

So this topic I am going to talk about has got me all up in arms and kind of, well, pissed. On the cover of last weeks People Magazine it had people who have done the amazing feat of losing 100's of lbs. But People had to make a big deal, like they always do, of making sure everyone knows that it was without surgery, and without Gimmicks of any kind. Ok, so I buy the magazine and am reading the articles and realize so when did everyone decide that Nutri System, Optifast, Weight Watchers, P90X, ...
  4. Did you notice 40 lbs gone?

So I wanted to post an observation that I have had this past couple of weeks. I am now down 40 lbs, which is such an amazing accomplishment for me thus far. I am in underland and I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. The thing that has got me thinking is that while I am so excited about my weightloss, it seems not many have noticed yet, and I have been thinking I must carry it real well. I will have people say things to me like "your face looks real pretty today" or "you ...
  5. It's a Beautiful Day!

So I am officially now in Underland!!! I have maintained at 199 for almost a week without creeping back above again. I am so excited to be below the 200 mark. It has been over 10 years. I was listening to U2 (one of my favorites) and came across It's a Beautiful Day, and included some of the lyrics. Hopefully you enjoy this one like me.

The heart is a bloom, shoots up threw the stony ground,
    there's no room, no space to rent in this town, your out of luck, and the reason ...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast