Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

I did it!!-Going for Gold-Bringing Sexy Back-44 is the new 20-My Surgeon Rocks

Rate this Entry
I did it! I completed my professional designation. I am officially have a Senior Claim Law Associate. And then I saw if I complete an additional book I can get a Silver and with another book a Gold. So guess who is going to sign up tomorrow for the next book?? This girl right here. I am so excited. The only thing is for Gold I will have to wait until after January since I will have already used my full $5K tuition assistance from my work. And I have no intention of paying out of pocket. So I will complete Silver and have a little break. I am so proud of myself!! Once I put my mind to it, I flew through the courses with an A- average!!
I am looking so dang good. I cannot say enough how wonderful my sleeve is. I take care of that puppy like it a diamond. I still eat healthy most of the time but I do have to up my calories sometimes to maintain my weight. I keep sinking down to 111 and am really trying not to lose any more weight. I know that I am still in a healthy BMI but I can see my spine and my ribs. I can even see the ribs in my chest when I breathe. My PCP even told me I need to try not to lose any additional weight.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	work selfie.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	27068
Work Bathroom Selfie
I have aged in reverse. The sleeve made me look 20 years younger. Ok, maybe a slight exaggeration but I looked a whole hell of a lot older when I was sporting 95 more pounds. I am loving all the wonderful side affects of the sleeve. I am happy, healthy, thin, young, and full of life! Still wondering if the sleeve is for you? Only YOU can make that decision. As for me, I just want to say I made the best decision in the world by having the sleeve. I have a new love for life that I thought was behind me. I look forward to each day and no longer feel ashamed when I look at myself.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bday.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	183.3 KB 
ID:	27069
The Sleeve Helped Me Bring My Sexy Back
Happy Tuesday my friends! Have you thanked your surgeon today? I know that last time I saw mine I could not hug him hard enough and you know what? I could honestly see the sparkle and happiness in his eyes when he saw how successful my sleeve was and how happy I was. Now that my friends, is the sign of a great surgeon!

Submit "I did it!!-Going for Gold-Bringing Sexy Back-44 is the new 20-My Surgeon Rocks" to Digg Submit "I did it!!-Going for Gold-Bringing Sexy Back-44 is the new 20-My Surgeon Rocks" to del.icio.us Submit "I did it!!-Going for Gold-Bringing Sexy Back-44 is the new 20-My Surgeon Rocks" to StumbleUpon Submit "I did it!!-Going for Gold-Bringing Sexy Back-44 is the new 20-My Surgeon Rocks" to Google

Comments

That's awesome!!! Way to go with your education advancement and your sleeve!! Truly an inspiration!! You look amazing and so happy. :-)
    Yes, 40s are the new 20s! Congrats on on your hard work and success!!!
    Christie you are such an inspiration!!!!! WAY TO GO GIRLIE!!!!! *Happy Dance* You look amazing and are totally rocking your sleeve. GIANT HUGS TO YOU!!!!!!!
    Yup. Ain't it grand!!!
    Btw, I once asked my surgeon (who's a general surgeon) what led him to specialize in bariatric surgery. He said, "When I do other kinds of surgery -- to remove or repair body organs or address diseases like cancer -- the patient is just trying to get their old life back, the one they had before surgery. But after WLS patients get to create a whole different and much better life. This surgery changes their lives completely and for the better." He almost cried. No shit. And I definitely cried.
    Way to go young lady! You are a superstar. Congratulations on all of your endeavors, I know you will succeed in anything you do!

I feel the same way about my sleeve. It is not just a tool, I treat it like a precious stone. Losing 97 pounds would NOT have come off by itself and I had to have this surgery to do that. Our ways of life are changing for the better. I say 60 is the new 40 (as this number is coming my way in another month and a half).
    Quote Originally Posted by astallons
    That's awesome!!! Way to go with your education advancement and your sleeve!! Truly an inspiration!! You look amazing and so happy. :-)
    Thank you!! I am so very happy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JLPSch
    Yes, 40s are the new 20s! Congrats on on your hard work and success!!!
    Isn't it grand?? No birthday blues for this gal!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    Christie you are such an inspiration!!!!! WAY TO GO GIRLIE!!!!! *Happy Dance* You look amazing and are totally rocking your sleeve. GIANT HUGS TO YOU!!!!!!!

Thanks Gigi! Just loving this new life. Big hugs right back at you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Btw, I once asked my surgeon (who's a general surgeon) what led him to specialize in bariatric surgery. He said, "When I do other kinds of surgery -- to remove or repair body organs or address diseases like cancer -- the patient is just trying to get their old life back, the one they had before surgery. But after WLS patients get to create a whole different and much better life. This surgery changes their lives completely and for the better." He almost cried. No shit. And I definitely cried.
    OMG!! What an amazing man!! I love that!!! It is absolutely true. We get a better life!
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertGal
    Way to go young lady! You are a superstar. Congratulations on all of your endeavors, I know you will succeed in anything you do!

I feel the same way about my sleeve. It is not just a tool, I treat it like a precious stone. Losing 97 pounds would NOT have come off by itself and I had to have this surgery to do that. Our ways of life are changing for the better. I say 60 is the new 40 (as this number is coming my way in another month and a half).

You are so right Lori! We are throwing away 20 years of ugh and getting 20 years of ooh la la!!! You'll be rocking that milestone looking better than ever!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Yup. Ain't it grand!!!
    Abso-frickin-lutely!!!