Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

pdee2559

first time blog post

Rate this Entry
OK so going to try this blog thing. Feeling down so thought maybe writing it down might help...? idk. I don't usually buy into group therapy kinda things, or support groups. I know people say they are the greatest, but I don't get it. But thanks in advance for any uplifting comments (if any lol). I did think that expressing myself might self help me...

I am just 3.5 weeks out. I am miserable. I know I read regret was common initially afterwards. and I probably just don't have my mind right. But I just want to eat!! I am craving a Chipotle salad sooooo bad!!

I roughly followed pre-op diet for months before my surgery and lost 50 pounds. That was with cheating but I felt pretty accomplished. Then 3 weeks before my surgery i went on a cruise and gained 8!!! so when i started my two week liquid diet before surgery I had some back tracking to do!

My last official post-op weigh in I was down 12 more pounds. I have been allowed to start my doctor's phase one of soft foods (fish, over cooked veggies, eggs, yougart,) I do ok with yougart. And I had an egg yesterday. but i hate the stuck feeling and actually threw up last night after trying to eat some green beans (which I had eaten previously just didn't go well last night).

I just want to eat. I'm not talking a big mac, a healthy meal would be fine. I'm not hungry and now scared to eat after throwing up. That was not fun. I'm sick of protein shakes, but I do love the Unjury chicken broth, but I'm even getting tired of that.

well that was my vent. Seeing it written I feel like a whiny baby. I knew the post-op situation. I was fully educated. Just didn't think it would be this bad.

Submit "first time blog post" to Digg Submit "first time blog post" to del.icio.us Submit "first time blog post" to StumbleUpon Submit "first time blog post" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

We all have gone through it, and I actually am in some ways now. That whole puking things....it's the worst ever. I wasn't allowed to eat what you are eating that early (and glad I didn't). I have had more issues with eating now an before. Gas gets trapped and the only way out is up, not to drop to the bottom (if you know what I mean...LOL). And I think that I can try cabbage again and it will be different. Nope still the same. It's one food I love that hates me.

I had that mind hunger thing going too. Actually just wrote a blog 15 minutes ago about the same stinken thing! It will subside, but will never go away. Instead of mind over matter, it becomes actions of mind. Fighting it is the worse. So I thought at least when you don't feel well, it's easier to fight. I thought I would be smart and not take my Prilosec to make me not feel so great, well it worked. Guess what I got up and did, took it immediately and prayed the feeling went away. I could do it myself without feeling like crap. It does get better, I promise. It's just finding the right combination to make everything work.

Hang in there. I come here when I am feeling down, had a good moment and need to reflect, etc. Blogs help me to look back and see a pattern. Feel better and keep on losing.
    It gets better. At about four months I could eat Chipottle and salads. Just watch what you put on your Chipottle meal. Stay away from the sour cream and cheese. Get less rice more meat and beans. I used to eat a bowl with extra steak, sour cream, cheese and extra rice. Now get a bowl with half rice, black beans extra steak and tomatoes. It makes two meals now not one lunch. The first months are hard. Does your doctor's office offer a support group? The one I go to is once a month in Annapolis. Open to anyone and run by a nutritionist. It really helps to talk to other people who are where you are. The have guest speakers once in awhile. Have had a Plastic surgeon and a personal trainer come in and answer questions. Good Luck.
    I have been there and this WILL PASS!!!! Focus on the big picture and a smaller healthy you! 3 1/2 weeks is still very new. It takes everyone a different pace to get a more normal feeling. Don't beat yourself up. Chin up! You are going to do great!
    thanks all. I keep telling myself its so soon. But geez its been five weeks at this point since I have really eaten! I know no different than anyone else, but aahhhhh!!!!!

I can't even envision months from now. I want food! lol I'm not as bad as it seems but well, you all k
    mmmm chipotle....i can't wait!! lol I don't care if its only a quarter of the salad! But no raw veggies until end of Jan