Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lizbutterfly0504

It's my Birthday so why mixed emotions?

Rate this Entry
Today is my Birthday, so why do I have sad feelings on my birthday. I was supposed to hang out with my friends yesterday but it was cut short had to take my mom to the ER. Today I am like I can't even get a birthday dinner, no one will make me a cake. This hurts
I am happy I am down 41lbs since I started this journey and 22lbs of that came after surgery. I should be ecstatic about the loss & the same time I am like if I buy an outfit will only fit a week or two I am guessing plus no where to go.
I am thankful for my blessings though I am alive, I was able to have the surgery, I am losing the weight, I have my health, a roof over my head etc.

Just doesn't feel like a birthday since I can't eat.

Submit "It's my Birthday so why mixed emotions?" to Digg Submit "It's my Birthday so why mixed emotions?" to del.icio.us Submit "It's my Birthday so why mixed emotions?" to StumbleUpon Submit "It's my Birthday so why mixed emotions?" to Google

Comments

Happy Bday!
    It's very new to not equate celebrating with eating, but birthdays are to celebrate the day you came into this world, and to rejoice about life.
    It's not about flour mixed with oil, sugar, and eggs.
    Oh but I know what you mean, I'm not changing sizes that rapidly but I don't shop for clothes much these days, avoid dining out, etc. It's like, what else is there to do, so I clean and stuff or take a walk.

Maybe you can go to a movie with a friend or window shop somewhere?
    Buy a new book or make a new music playlist?
    The emotional roller coaster you are going to be on the next few months can be rough at times and this just happens to be one of them. I had similar feelings on my first birthday post sleeve and my mother didnt help getting mad at me because she didnt know what to to for me since she figured no cake. These times will pass and I know they suck but remember you gave yourself the best gift of all in getting on track to get to a healthier life. Now its time to focus on you and take yourself somewhere not having to do with food and make a new tradition for yourself! Best wishes and Happy birthday!
    Happy birthday.
    You will need to change your thought processes about food. This is something we are all working on. Trust me, you are not alone in this journey! We all struggle with our past relationship with food, particularly when it is related to a celebration. Food should be viewed as nutrition, not a all you can eat party everytime we nourish our bodies. We do not overfill our cars with gas, since we can't. We need to think about our bodies in the same manner; we have not and do not need the amount of food that we have been subjecting our bodies to-we are now faced with the reality of what we were doing to ourselves. You will adjust...good luck!
    Maybe treat yourself to a massage or pedicure...or perhaps a new activity or class that you have always wanted to try. Celebrations are synonymous with rich foods, but there are healthier ways to indulge our bodies that don't involve calories. It's hard at first, but as you get used to the new lifestyle of your sleeve it gets better and you will be empowered with your choices for a healthier life for many birthdays to come. Happy Birthday!!!
    Happy Birthday! I agree....go get some pampering! Massages, manicure, pedicure.
    Happy birthday! You gave yourself a gift more precious than food....the gift of more birthdays for being sleeved:-)
    HAPPY BORN DAY!