Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Questions

I just had my surgery 5/12/11. I had to drink miralax wednesday night. It didn't start working until thursday morning before the surgery. I am still have loose stool now is that normal? I haven't really been hungry my stomach has been making funny noises between growling and gurgling. I am trying to drink but it hurts sometimes. Any advice?
  2. Staples at the airport

Hi,
    I had my surgery on April 12. I've lost 19 pounds, but even though I only eat a few ounces of protein 3 times a day, I gained 1/1/2 pounds this week. Oh well, I'm still 19 pounds less than I was.

My question is: since the staples in your stomach is permanent, will they set off the metal detectors at the airport?

I appreciate any feed back.
  3. Normal weight loss after vertical sleeve gastrectomy?

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    I agree. You might have lost a little of your weight, but think about it. On the average, you only lose 24% of your excess weight after the first month, then 36% on after three months. The most dramatic weight loss occurs on the 6th month where you can lose as much as 50% of your excess weight. Nothing much is said about your first week, though.
    Everyone keeps saying you lose 50% of your Excess weight what does this mean number wise?
  4. Tomorrws a big day ;0)

by , 05-11-2011 at 10:01 PM (My Weight Loss Journey since May 12th 2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenda Shaw Lakey View Post
    So the Big day has arrived... ;0) Not Nervous at all been comtemplating doing this for years.
    Im hoping quick recovery so i can get to the gym, i knw ive seen alot of folks talkn abt not losing aftrr they initialy did, but i have to wonder, since they didnt mention it, on if theyv been walkn or exercising of some sort.. Im thinkn of yal an hope you get past the difficulties befire u like i hope i do... Wish me luck ;0)
  5. Advice please

HI GUYS, JUST HAD MY SURGERY ON 5/6/2011. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME AND GIVE ME GREAT ADVICE TO MAKE THIS JOURNEY SUCCESSFUL? HOW CAN I CALM DOWN ANY CRAVINGS? DEPRESSION TO THINK I CANT EAT?