Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Smoke and Mirrors

I take a diuretic (water pill) for lymphedema in my lower extremities roughly once a week, and in doing so, for roughly a 24 hour period, I will lose a significant amount of weight, only to have some form of weight regain once the effects of the diuretic have worn off.

While this is happening, it feels great to step onto the scale and see loss, but when it is over, even though I understand how the medication will work in my system, it is heart-breaking because I know without question ...
  2. If It's Not One Thing...

As I write this, I have to laugh at the experiences I have been having. Not so much because they are funny, rather because the series of events itself has been somewhat comical.

To recap: I had a bad bout with nausea and vomiting, brought on by severe dehydration. I was given three liters of fluids at the hospital only to find that in doing so, my weight had increased by approximately 8 pounds - which, if you can imagine, in and of itself was frustrating to deal with.
  3. Day 12 - Liquid Diet

Well, three days until surgery and I've been absolutely faithful to my liquid diet. Get all my protein in every day. Take my vitamins each day. Yet I've only lost 9 pounds. I think part of it is that it's that time of the month, and I'm feeling a little bloated.

I'm drinking probably more than enough fluids. So I'm super surprised at the bloated feeling.

I just hope this isn't a sign of things to come I really thought I'd have lost more weight these last two ...
  4. Why does life have to always get in the way!?!?!

I was cleared for this surgery in January with a surgery date of March 18th, but chickened out. I have come to the conclusion that was simply not the right time. We have since had storm damage to our home that caused us to have to completely move out for reconstruction and back in. Then my son fell and had a severe concussion that has been a tough recovery. During this I realized my life will never allow me time for myself and I am going to have to MAKE time. I have gotten back on board and was ...
  5. My journey: Are you sure this is what you want to do? YES, now please, stop asking!

My Weight Loss (surgery) journey started in November of 2013. From the moment I mentioned having surgery to one of my family members they have always responded with, "Are you sure this is what you want to do?" After almost 5 months of this response and my surgery less than two weeks away, I am feeling frustrated. I understand that this person feels that surgery, like any surgery, is a risk. They also feel that my 46lbs weight loss over the last year is great, which I agree, but I don't ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast