Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. follow up with surgeon

My BMI has went from 43 to 33. Thats pretty good. I have to get a whole bunch of blood work done again. Im always freezing cold now, constant muscle cramps. So gonna start taking vitamins twice a day now. Gotta start calcium supplements too. Been on a stall fir a while. Second one so far so im gonna go back on liquids for a few days see if that starts anything up.
  2. surgery is over!!

Well my cousin and I made it to Mexico and home!! Overall it was a good experience!! The hospital is nice and clean although small. The doctor and nurses were all very nice and professional. The hotel is fine, although a bit stingy with towels so you might want to bring an extra and wash cloths. The restaurant provided broth, juice and pop cycles whenever we asked and always with a smile. It was nice having nurses at the hotel who were available 24 hours a day.

I was very scared ...
  3. TOMORROW. .....22 hours

Yikes, it's here. Clear liquids today and I'm just starting to get hungry. I had round table pizza and wings last night. One of each..I what you say? That's all? It just wasn't tasting good or was it me? I still have to clean house, pack a little bag, say goodbye to mom (she's leaving on a cruise) and get to bed early to try and sleep through the big hunger that is coming later today!
  4. 6 Month Update with progress pics

So I posted a few days ago that I was going to do a few days of liquids to try to reach my goal of losing 80 lbs by my 6 month "surgerversary". I had kind of stalled around 77 lbs lost for a while. Anyway, the 3 days of liquids did the trick! Yesterday I had officially reached the 80 lbs mark. Very happy with that. My final goal is to lose around a hundred pounds so to be very close to that now is unbelievable. Of course, that number was an estimate. I have no real clue where I'll end ...
  5. Maybe its just me... And I appreciate the support... but

I don’t know if I am just being overly sensitive or if maybe it is just the people who keep doing it.
    While I appreciate the support from other people in this crazy journey I am on. I am finding myself a little annoyed when people tell me how proud they are of me for sticking to my pre-op diet and following through with all of the requirements for my surgery. I want to think they mean well, but I can’t help but hear this little voice in the back of my head that says, “Like I am going through ...