Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Progress-Strong Woman-Running-Maintenance-Tryouts

Things are going great for this sleeved lady. New job training is over and just completed my first week of no longer being in training. Loving it. My manager is very pleased with how well I picked up the job. She has been able to give me extra work and I have been able to accomplish it all with no issues. The girl who sits next to me was sleeved in August. Not by my surgeon. She told me about being sleeved within a week or so of me joining the team. I did not tell her I was sleeved. Just ...
  2. A Year Without a Turkey Trot

I got the bad news on Friday that I couldn't run my annual Turkey Trot this year due to dental surgery I had. I was so disappointed and at first I wasn't sure why. Then I realized running is part of the "new me." I started running before surgery, but it's been an important part of becoming a healthy person.

Here's what I wrote about it on my blog, Down the Scale:

https://downthescale.com/2017/11/20/...a-turkey-trot/

3. From endoscopy to sleeve and beyond! Low BMIs might be interested.

HI,
    I think these blogs are really great for new people to read and get to see the experience from someone elses point of view. I've really enjoyed reading Christies blog especially so I thought this is a good time to start one.
    I am having my sleeve in 15 days and today is the endoscopy. I'm not too worried about it as hopefully I won't remember it and people on this site have been very reassuring.
    My story is .... I've always struggled with obesity since being a child. Fortunatly ...
  4. Put those Work Out Clothes On

I'm finally getting back into a routine now that my kids are back in school! Yeah! It feels good to have a schedule, but I still find it hard to make working out a priority. I find if I put my work out clothes on, I'll do it. Here's my latest blog about it:

https://downthescale.com/2017/09/15/...rior-clothing/

Have a great week!
    Jen
  5. Another Pound Down-95 lbs lost-Running Like I Don't Care-Shake it Off!

Wow. I lost another pound. I am eating quite a bit so I was shocked when the scale went down again. I go to see my surgeon on the 15th of September. I will be 10 1/2 months post op. I am excited to see my surgeon and his staff. I have not been there since March, I think. I don't really like going out to his office because it is far. But I like seeing them, if that makes sense. I will have one more visit on my 1 year anniversary and then I will not go back unless I have issues. I have been ...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast