Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Keltia98

Excited and Nervous... The Six Month Countdown Starts Today!!

Rate this Entry
After a few month delay for work related issues and emotional hesitation... its finally here! I made the appointment and went this morning to get my pre-diet started. My emotions are all over the place. I know this is the right decision for me and my family. I am ready to live my life.

I also know that I would be nuts if I wasn't at least a little apprehensive. One of the things that comes to mind the most often is the idea of "never agains". I know that in moderation and with time all things are not gone forever. However, getting to that point makes me nervous. I have the determination, or at least I will once the limitations are physical. The permanence is daunting

I know that I will question myself 100 times between now and surgery day. I have a husband and friends around that support me wholeheartedly, and I am going to depend on that. I would love my mother's support, but I have not gotten up the nerve to talk with her about it yet. Now we just found out that she has some health issues of her own and her personal stress over that keeps me from adding to it, as I know this will. She wants me to be happy and healthy, but she is a naturalist and believes that surgery for weightloss is not necessary. If you just take a complete healthy approach and stick to it you will get the desired result.

Its a no wonder I don't sleep... thoughts thoughts thoughts going round and round and round.

I look at all of your pictures and read your stories and can't wait for the day that I can have success stories of my own to share. For now I will just have to find my encouragement and motivation through you. I look forward to the journey ahead (I think)... lol

Submit "Excited and Nervous... The Six Month Countdown Starts Today!!" to Digg Submit "Excited and Nervous... The Six Month Countdown Starts Today!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Excited and Nervous... The Six Month Countdown Starts Today!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Excited and Nervous... The Six Month Countdown Starts Today!!" to Google

Comments

I read sleever stories and looked at before and after pictures too before getting the surgery. You too, WILL have success stories to share ... glad you are ready to live your life. Welcome!

Janet M
    By the way ... the whole idea of having a huge part of my stomach removed was daunting for me as well. The permanence of it was scary but you know what? Now I am grateful for the permanence of it!
    Congratulations on your decision. I've researched for months on this surgery and found that for me my best opportunity for success was to take the 3 months of prep and make positive changes. I've eliminated soda and alcohol, I've stopped drinking during meals (this was the hardest). I've changed my diet to eat 1500 calories a day and eat healthy. I also established a work out plan that I can stick to. Even though I haven't lost a pound I feel so much better and know in these past 3 months I've set my self up to succeed.
    Good luck on your journey.