Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Milly2shoes

1. 5 weeks post op

So things have settled down so much the past 2 weeks and every day I feel better and more 'normal'.
    I am able to try more foods now so this has made life much easier as I was sick of protein shakes and drinks. I wanted something to bite!!! I feel like mentally I am strong now. I remember back to day 5-10 post op battling with head hunger alot!!! I still crave certain foods but have been having a bite or taste of them and fnding they don't taste as good as I use to think hahaha I think getting ...
  2. Weight update

Heaviest 97kg
    Spent 18mths to get weight down to 91kg but then injury and within a week weight was 94kg gradually came down to 91kg....only lost 1kg on preop but had so much trouble following the plan I am ashamed to admit. I didn't eat terribly at all and calories were low but added few things in here and there that weren't on plan....

Anyway

Day of op 90kg (198 pounds)

Today 82kg(180poumds) Woo!

So that's an 8kg loss in 12 days ...
  3. 12 days post op

Hello!
    So I flew home on Friday (day 10 post op) and it felt great to be home! The flight was only 3 hrs but because it was international it was a big day still.
    I was so lucky and by chance got a whole row to myself on the plane, which meant I could put my feet up!
    I know some people fly a few days after but i wouldn't have felt ready as I took a good week to feel reasonable.
    The first day home after flying I felt like I took a step backwards and was prett tired and ...
  4. 9 days post op surgeon follow up appt

So I had my post op appt with the surgeon today and he was very happy so that's good! I am flying home tomorrow YAHHhhh!! I miss my son sooooo bad hahaha I think I'll feel better once I am home too. I've checked in at airport hotel and just chilling out now.
    So each day I have felt a little better than they day before. Less tenderness and more energy. I still need a little rest/lie down if I do too much or walk to much in my case ATM.
    I can't get much in still but a little more at ...
  5. 8 days post op FINALLY feeling like im turning a corner!

Hi!! I am 8 days post op now....today i finally feel like I am coming good. It has been a slow recovery for me and i certainly wasnt beaming with energy or tolerating much at all. I found last night i finally could drink a little more without any discomfort or pain! YAH!!! so frustrating having 2 sips of a clear soup and then being over it. I have wasted so much money too because I am staying in a hotel while I recouperate in Sydney (I live in New Zealand) and have to buy everything (and no kitchen ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast