Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

cocopebbles

Sleeved October 27th-Nearly 3 Weeks Later

Rate this Entry
I began my journey on August 26th with my first appointment with my surgeon. I weighted in at 192. I had type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.

I was sleeved on October 27th and weighed in a 172 pounds. I was scared to death and praying for God to just give me strength to get through the surgery. Prior to the surgery I said faith confessions about 5 times a day to get my mind right. My surgery went well and all my prayers were answered. I had little pain, the staff treated me like I was Oprah .

I went home on October 28th. When I went for my first post-op appointment on the staff was amazed that I was driving and feeling great. The medical assistant said I should do a commercial for the surgeon. I actually felt really good except for a few pains on my left side when I stretched too far in that direction.

I returned to work on November 5th and haven't had many problems at all. I stopped taking the pain meds before returning to work. Haven't even had the need for Tylenol.

Today I'm a little over two weeks post-op and I weighed in this morning at 164 pounds. I haven't weight anywhere near 164 pounds in over 17 years. I'm so excited and grateful.

I miss food. I miss wine more than I care to admit. I struggle with wanting to eat more. It seems a bit unfair sometimes that I can only eat 1/4th cup of soup when I really want to eat the whole thing.

I eat 60-80 grams of protein by using 1-2 protein shakes a day and also adding unflavored protein to my soups.

I'm still eating mushy food but it's really not that bad. It's still food after all.

I can't wait to get back to the real food. But for now, I'm happy and joyful and can't wait to start shopping for new clothes. I hope this will happen just in time for some of the Christmas sales.

Yesterday my primary doctor told me I was "paroled". She said, "After 13 years I am paroling you from all medications." So I am free from all diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol medications. This feels better than I imagined. Although I miss going to restaurants and having big dinners with my friends and family, nothing can be more satisfying than to know I'm a disease free. My doctor also said, if I do nothing else and never lost another pound. At my current weight I have added 20 years to my life.

Well, I'm pushing for more than 20. I want to live to be 100+.
Thanks for listening, and I hope my words have inspired you to start change in your life.

Blessings~

Submit "Sleeved October 27th-Nearly 3 Weeks Later" to Digg Submit "Sleeved October 27th-Nearly 3 Weeks Later" to del.icio.us Submit "Sleeved October 27th-Nearly 3 Weeks Later" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sleeved October 27th-Nearly 3 Weeks Later" to Google

Comments

Welcolme, Glad ur surgery went well. Good luck with ur journey.
    Congratulations! Good luck on your journey. Hope you get in on some good Christmas sales!
    I love it!!!! Congrats