Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ChloeNoelle

Tomorrow is the day! Getting a bit nervous! :o

Rate this Entry

About 24 hours until surgery! ahhh! This is my first ever operation.

Today, I only have clear liquids, and take the antibiotics . I also have to drink the Magnesium Citrate... oh boy.

What kind of pain can I expect? What should I do in order to make it as easy as possible?

Also, I have to self inject a shot twice a day in order to keep blood from clotting in my legs.... anybody else have to do this? (Scariest part of the process in my opinion!!)

Can I only lay on my back ? I usually lay on my side , but there will be stitches... so I guess not.

Submit "Tomorrow is the day! Getting a bit nervous! :o" to Digg Submit "Tomorrow is the day! Getting a bit nervous! :o" to del.icio.us Submit "Tomorrow is the day! Getting a bit nervous! :o" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tomorrow is the day! Getting a bit nervous! :o" to Google

Tags: tomorrow, young Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

you'll be able to sleep on side after a week or so after coming home. Get a way to prop up your head, like in hospital bed. That seemed to help me. Some drug stores sell "wedges" made of foam, which are cheap.

never heard of the shots at home, although they will give you Heparin shots while in hospital. They sting, I cannot lie. but it goes away fast. I took them in belly at first, but then switched to arm while in hospital. If you walk a lot afterwards, dr will usually stop the heparin shots. so get up and walk, so you won't need those.

The magnesium drink is just basically an enema internally, like correctol or other laxative. They just want all the stuff in your bowels gone so you don't have cramping and poopin' while in hospital. This stuff tastes absolutely aweful. Some docs (mine) allowed for pills instead.... either way, they just want you cleaned out.

Drink as much as you can before you go in...............cuz after the surgery, you'll be lucky to get in 1-2 oz of water.........I had surgery 12/07 and I'm just starting to drink ... still no gulping.

good luck.........stay on this site, learn and read.... it helps to know that whatever you go through, others have or are, too
    The shots your talking about at home are Lovanex (sp?) its a blood thinner like Heprerin. My husband had to have them after his knee surgery....they aren't too bad, really thin needle and only burn for a second. You will do great, just keep telling yourself "I'm doing this for my health" with every passing day you will feel better. Just keep moving, its helps with the gas pain.
    Hey Kiddo!

This is my first ever operation. Relax (easier said than done) You are going to do great!

Today, I only have clear liquids, and take the antibiotics . I also have to drink the Magnesium Citrate... oh boy. Yeah the Magnesium is ohhhh so much fuuunn kiddo you wann stay home for this one at least I did!

What kind of pain can I expect? What should I do in order to make it as easy as possible?With Dr. Raja...The pain is where the incisions were made. I have been fortunate not to have gas pain. The getting up & down and laying in bed, getting outta bed is when it the most painful for me. I also found the belt make me hurt the more so I don't wear it.

Also, I have to self inject a shot twice a day in order to keep blood from clotting in my legs.... anybody else have to do this? (Scariest part of the process in my opinion!!)I would double check the twice a day shot I think its only once a day at the same. Call Nita and ask her. I also have not seen anyone else on here say they they give themselves the shots. They really are not that bad I had my husband give me my first one because I was so scared and cried but then it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought and have since made myself do it after that, shots are for 14 days I was like WTF!!!

Can I only lay on my back ? I usually lay on my side , but there will be stitches... so I guess not.I can only lay on my back. I do believe that by next week I will be able to sleep the way I used to on my left side which is the side of the incision that my tummy came out of so that incision is the most tender compared to the others. Also there are no stitches (at least not on me) just that cool clear band aid no gauze, nothing

Really Hope this helps. Hang in there & You are going to do AWESOME!!
    Updated 12-20-2011 at 10:30 AM by mywarnke (typos)
    Hi Chloe, RELAX! You don't want to go into surgery all tensed up. I just signed up to this site last night. What is so interesting is that just about everyone has had a different experience. I had surgery on Dec. 12th. My doctor did not have me take any self injections. I had shots of heprin in the stomach to stop blood clots. My legs were in some kind of pump things to keep me from getting clots in them. I went in with extremely bloated legs and came out (4 days later) with much smaller legs. Take you some things that you can enjoy overnite---whatever you enjoy. There's gonna be pain. I looked at it as a right of passage--something I have to go through to get to the good things in life.
    You'll do fine and there is really not much pain at all, the worst being the gas pains. Walk, sip water when you can and breathe deeply. I had to use the Lovanex and it was only 1 shot a day, I also had to still use my insulin (: I was like a pin-cushion. The shots aren't that bad and they do reduce the risk of a blood clot. Just practice on the orange, like I was taught at pre-surgery classes and it's only a short time. Getting comfortable in bed takes some practice, but it passes quickly also. Remember to keep the "big picture" in your mind; the thinner, healthier you!~ Good Luck!!
    for the gas pains walk as soon as you can and I moved my left arm in rotations to get rid of the gas and it helpped also I have read on here people use a heating pad for the gas pains, I really did not have pain but i moved alot walking in the hospital if your hospital is like mine you have to be the one to initiate the walking my nurses would have let me stay in bed the whole time I had to be the one to tell them i needed to walk.
    Hi hun, good luck for tomorrow.x

I had to self inject when i got home after my op, it doesn't hurt and isn't with a real needle, it's like a pressure thing, you push a pen like thing into your stomach and it pushes a needle out. It's over in seconds and doesn't hurt a bit. I did get some bruises but that was it.x
    excellent then.........this must be something I didn't need, or wasn't offered.... so it sounds like you should be ok! GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BIG DAY...............and each day, no matter what trials come at you, keep pressing on and keep your sights set on the big prize--a new fabulous you!!!!!!!!