Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. For the first time in years...

2. holiday blues

Hi folks, this has been a awesome year for many of us and even though some of us are still waiting to be sleeved we can sympathize, I have noticed that some nerves are on edge lately and I'm sorry for that but we are all friends here and don't need to lash out at each other in anger. To disagree is one thing but come on peeps enough already..Dang it, grow up already. I am chalking it up to everybody trying to figure out how to handle the first sleeved holidays..Not exactly the past norm is it,?? ...
  3. Protein

I'v heard so much talk of protein and still dont know how much you should be aiming to consume each day. Can someone please tell me? I asked the dietician, but she just said you should get enough from your food after surgery. I cant see this. TBH i'd rather take in an easy form than trying to worry about how much is in each bit of food i consume. I've heard stories about loss of hair in time and when i asked the dietician she said its because there isnt enough protein in the diet. Then she goes ...
  4. Surgery Scheduled for Thanksgiving Day - Anyone else?

I am hoping that there is another who is scheduled for Thanksgiving Day and going to MX to Dr. Almanza?? Would love to have a buddy. I live in AZ and only a 3 hr drive for me but choosing not to have anyone go with me due to it being a holiday. Also - it's starting where I can't sleep at night...am i doing the right thing...am I being just lazy...what the heck am i doing (this is elective surgery you know)...feeling overwhelmed?
  5. Am I the only one?

I've been reading that people are just going for it, and eating everything and anything in their pre-op period. Am I the only one who didn't? I was on my pre-op diet, Optifast for 4 weeks and the most I cheated was scrambled eggs on toast, ONCE. I could've eaten anything, I mean really, who was going to know? But I took the day I started Optifast, as the first day of my new life. The old me HAD to go. I could sure go scrambled eggs on toast now tho!!