Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. My life now...

Wow! I didn't realize how long it has been since I checked in! So much has happened!
    I am the proud momma of a beautiful, healthy baby girl who is nearing 6 months old!
    I got back to my prepregnancy weight in about a month, but with the changes in my body, I would love to lose about another 10 pounds but am content where I am when I remember where I was at the beginning of my journey.
    I lost my job of almost 12 years when my daughter was just 3 weeks old due to having used ...
  2. Week 5

This has been quite the journey so far. I saw my surgeon today but first was a nurse who wanted to talk to me. I explained how I have been weak and dizzy. I also explained that I have been taking calcium, D3, iron and b12. I also mentioned that I took my blood pressure for the last four days thinking it might have something to do with the dizziness. It almost felt like vertigo but they immediately, (her and the surgeon) felt I was dehydrated. However they decided to run a CBC and another blood ...
  3. T Minus "4" Days.... Feeling "Hangry"

I can't believe that I only have 4 days until my sleeve surgery! My first Blog post was 41 or 47 days and here I am almost there. It really did go by so quickly. I remember in the beginning thinking that this day would never come.

Now all of a sudden life is throwing everything at me all at once and I am determined not to break. Even my liquid diet is going really well... except I think I now understand the term "Hangry" because I hate to admit it... but I am really ...
  4. A Milestone and A Promise

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MeCarterJune28CROP.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	507.2 KB 
ID:	26851

Last summer, my 9 year old grandson asked me often if he and I could go to the YMCA and swim at their pool(s) with the water slides and other water features. (I guess my pool at home was getting boring for the little guy.) I told him I would LOVE to go, but there was no way grandma would put on a swimsuit and wear it in public! I told him that "WHEN" I shed a massive amount of weight, I would gladly take him there.

This past winter ...
  5. Initial Consult

Today I had my initial visit with Dr. Adolfo Fenandez. They were very courteous and professional. I went in for what I thought would be a long visit but it turned out to be approximately 15 minutes. They took preliminary information (i.e. wt., ht., verified medical history). They then explained the 3 surgeries-duodenal switch, roux en y, and the gastric sleeve. I told them that I preferred the sleeve. I had to sign a contract stating that I would not gain any weight as it would delay my surgery ...
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast