Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Anyone know if it's hard to get insurance to pay??

So my insurance is active on June 1st and I have contacted a surgeon about the initial consultation. I want to get the sleeve as opposed to the band and wondering if anyone has any input on if insurance will typically cover it. My BMI is 37.5. Does anyone else have experience with this and having to have a comorbidity?
  2. I am over trying to eat.

Okay I know I am only 5 days out. My surgeon put me on full liquid diet the day after surgery. I can hardly get the water up to 30 oz much less anything else.
    I don't even want to eat. Okay I want a salad or spaghetti. But I sure the heck know I am not eating that.
    I have managed to choke down chocolate pudding with injury protein power. But when I tried the same with tomato soup. It made me want to hard.
    I take all my vitamins faithfully.
    I just want something ...
  3. T minus 41 Days (AND COUNTING....)

Well.... as my surgery date approaches, I have been forced to take a hard look in the mirror. The latest "Ah-ha" moment for me today was putting on a skirt for work and literally stuffing myself into it. Then I put on my button up shirt and there were gaps. I feel uncomfortable and blahhhhhhhhh. My bubbly personality still tries to escape this obese body I have imprisoned myself in. It is just terrible and sad that I have let myself get to this point. I am so sick of being the "fat" ...