Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Cookie22

The DREADED hair Loss

Rate this Entry
So it happened, or should i say happening. my hair is falling out in clumps. I have done my research and i knew some ppl experience this, some dont, some swear by products, some dont. I myself have been using biotin since day 1 post op ( 2500 mg a day) and doesn't seem to have helped hedge the "falling out". I have always "shed" ( more in the summer time , which is in full effect here is S.FLA). Plus side, I have really long and thick hair ( thank god) but its literally coming out in clumps every time i brush, wash, or even pull back my hair into a pony tail. I have hair all over my floors, all over my clothes ( and the families clothes and i just want it to stop!

I dont want to buy the expensive hair products(ovation hair therapy etc) or pills promising to make a difference, b/c i dont really know it they will work or not. Any suggestions or do i just need to let nature run its course.

Background: i take my vitamins daily, b-12, zinc, calcium, and biotin. I know i am not getting in enough protein or cals, but there is literally not enough time in the day and all the shakes, bars, etc have gotten played out by now and make me sick

Submit "The DREADED hair Loss" to Digg Submit "The DREADED hair Loss" to del.icio.us Submit "The DREADED hair Loss" to StumbleUpon Submit "The DREADED hair Loss" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

i HAVE LOST A LOT OF HAIR TOO. i THINK IT COMES WITH NOT GETTING ENOUGH PROTEIN AND THE SHOCK OUR BODY GETS WITH THE SURGERY, i TAKE 5,000 UNITS OF BIOTIN DAILY. IT SEEMS TO HAVE SLOWED A LITTLE, i AM SIX MONTHS OUT. THERE ARE BLOGS THAT SUGGEST OTHER SUPPLEMENTS TO TAKE IF YOU TYPE IN HAIR LOSS. I KNOW HOW YOU ARE FEELING. gOD bLESS...MEM
    Mine has just started too, I'm about 3 months post-op. I haven't been taking a much Biotin as both of you though.
    All the posts I have read claim it often starts to grow back 9 months post-op, so having thick hair, it might just start growing back before it gets too thin.
    Actually I've had hair loss for 5 years, since my thyroid cancer. I have been a vegan since then. Recently when I decided to get the sleeve my NUT evaluated what I was eating & told me hair was falling out b/c I haven't been getting near enough protein (10-15grams) at all. So i began eating some meats & dairy products & honestly my hair has stopped falling out in handfuls. I work so hard every day to get 60+grams if protein everyday.
    I guess I am saying try adding even more protein.
    I take Biotin and haven't experienced any hair loss and im going on 9 months post op
    I have read loads that pre-pregnancy supplements work! I am pre-op and have started to take them already. My surgeon said they may help but its the protein we need. He told me it would stop after 6/12 months. I may be bald by then lol. I might invest in some funky wigs ha ha .