Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

mimik

1. New People Magazine

I get so very angry when People does their article on people who have lost have their size with the title of "NO SURGERY, NO GIMMICKS." Ummmm hello? Do you think that we have had to work any less than those who do it on their own? Which if you read they join a program some of the time, so that to me is not totally on their own. We should be recognized also for taking the steps to overcome obesity.
    After some help from our surgeon, we are on our own also.

2. Some advice please?

I have my second appt with my surgeon and NUT on Jan 17th, however when I met with my NUT at my first pre-op appt she gave me my instructions for my soft foods. The instructions say week 4 I may have eggs, tuna, lean meats, chicken, fish, seafood, turkey and ham. Low fat cheese, string cheeses, I may add things to moisten the meats, spaghetti sauce, mayo to the tuna, etc. NO BEEF!

Ok, here is where my advice is needed. My nut said that I did not have to wait the full 4 weeks if the ...
  3. Update

Today is the first day I weighed myself with no clothes. Not even two weeks post op and I am 23 lbs down!! I lost 5 with my 2 day pre op diet, so I am very happy! Still waiting for my full energy to come back, day by day.
    Blessings!
    Missy
  4. I want real food, help!!

I am still on liquids from being sleeved on Nov. 26th. I have my appt with Dr and NUT on the 11th. I really want real food!! My daughter made spaghetti tonight and I want to eat it so very much! What would happen if I did?? Protein shakes are not cutting it anymore because I really feel HUNGRY! Pasta is a soft food. Not good for carbs. But oh man, do not think I can stand much more of these drinks. Bring on phase two!!!
  5. Almost......

Its almost been a week since being sleeved tomorrow. I am starting to feel human again. I am down 17lbs! I still feel tired, not wanting to move around much, but still am forcing myself-a little pain, not too much.

How are y'all doing?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast