Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Gold-Bringing Sexy Back-Loving My Sleeve-Running-Knee Supports

Rate this Entry
So I just wanted to say that at 18 months I overate last night and got sick. Didn't even think it was that much but obviously my belly thought otherwise. Just goes to show that even when you think you got this thing down you just never know. LOL.
Today at work my team got to go out to lunch. It was great. I decided to wear a skirt and I was just loving my new legs. I feel like Ariel when she got her new legs. LOL. I have always been insecure about having big calves. Even when I was skinny. But when I was obese my legs were huge. Like ham hawks. I hated them. I had the horrible fat bubble by my knee. Losing all this weight I have the bulk of my extra skin on my legs. I have worked so hard with the strength training and running to tone them up as much as I can. I eat right, stay hydrated, and take my vitamins. I do what I can. And it is definitely paying off. I have to say it....they are not perfect. Not even close to being as nice as they were when I was young but I can say I love my legs. It honestly makes me happy.
As for work, that is all going great. I finally got off my booty and started working on that last certification for my Gold level SCLA. On Mother's Day I took the last 2 tests and it is officially done. I am pretty dang proud of myself.
Oh, and I got these new straps for my knee issues when running. They are by ABCO Sport. They work wonders. Anyone having knee pain should give them a try. I bought them on Amazon and they were cheaper then on the brands website. Crazy. At any rate, they are wonderful. I actually got one for both knees even though one knee has less pain then the other.
Just thought I would check in and let you beautiful sleevers/soon to be sleevers know what is going on in my world. Hope you are all doing spectacularly and living the sleeved dream.

Submit "Gold-Bringing Sexy Back-Loving My Sleeve-Running-Knee Supports" to Digg Submit "Gold-Bringing Sexy Back-Loving My Sleeve-Running-Knee Supports" to del.icio.us Submit "Gold-Bringing Sexy Back-Loving My Sleeve-Running-Knee Supports" to StumbleUpon Submit "Gold-Bringing Sexy Back-Loving My Sleeve-Running-Knee Supports" to Google

Comments

Hi Christie13!

Sorry to hear about you getting sick. I too have had that happen, and as unpleasant a feeling as it is, I look at it as a reminder of what I can (and can not) do regarding food consumption.

Glad to hear everything else is perking up for you. Isn't a wonderful feeling when all of the hard work that has been put into becoming a new and improved you comes to light in the most obvious ways! It seems to make the journey that much more pleasurable.

Keep it up! You look great, and with that you sound great!
    Oh the knee supports sound good! And yup you are doing great peachy :-)
    I will order those on Amazon right now. My doctor said shouldn't run (after 2 years of 3 miles every morning before school). Said the bones were getting too close together. But my knees still hurt off and on, even when hiking. Anything's worth a try!
    Christie, you are rocking life!

I'm checking out those knee straps. Thanks for the tip.

P.S. Christie, I ordered them. Will report back.
    I ordered them too! (They may make a funny tan line...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon'sVSG
    Hi Christie13!

Sorry to hear about you getting sick. I too have had that happen, and as unpleasant a feeling as it is, I look at it as a reminder of what I can (and can not) do regarding food consumption.

Glad to hear everything else is perking up for you. Isn't a wonderful feeling when all of the hard work that has been put into becoming a new and improved you comes to light in the most obvious ways! It seems to make the journey that much more pleasurable.

Keep it up! You look great, and with that you sound great!

Thanks Shannon. I am pleased with this whole journey. It is not always easy but it is always worth it.
    I think the getting sick was a wake up call. I seriously didn't think this far out it would be an issue. Just goes to show this is definitely a life long journey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Oh the knee supports sound good! And yup you are doing great peachy :-)
    Thanks doll. Yeah, those knee straps rock!
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    I will order those on Amazon right now. My doctor said shouldn't run (after 2 years of 3 miles every morning before school). Said the bones were getting too close together. But my knees still hurt off and on, even when hiking. Anything's worth a try!
    Yeah, I think without the straps there would be a lot I would need to give up on. So far they have worked wonders. Just have to make sure they are nice and tight. So worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Christie, you are rocking life!

I'm checking out those knee straps. Thanks for the tip.

P.S. Christie, I ordered them. Will report back.
    Let me know how you like them. I took a chance on them because they had a high rating with over 2000 reviews. I am so glad I got them. Hope they work for you!
    I ordered them too! (They may make a funny tan line...)
    Let me know once you use them if you like them.
    /Users/sharonbaer/Desktop/IMG_2950.JPG

Ready for my inaugural hike to test out your product recommendation Christie!
    /Users/sharonbaer/Desktop/IMG_2950.JPG

Ready for my inaugural hike to test out your product recommendation Christie!
    Yessssss!!!!!!!!!