Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ChangingShape66

Moving Forward

Rate this Entry
The last month has been a bit of a whirlwind…making the decision to have the vertical sleeve surgery was the hardest part for me. Now that I have accepted this is what is best for me things have been moving forward quickly. I met with my cardiologist April 2, had my health and physical at the weight loss surgery center. It went ok, I am not thrilled with where I am having my pre surgical appointments, but I am sucking it up and doing what needs to be done in order to get through surgery. My cardiologist has set a stress test on Wednesday of this week and I see the surgeon and behaviorist on April 23. After those two appointments are completed everything can be passed on to my insurance company for final approval (which I have been assured will not be a problem). After those steps are completed I will get my surgery date.

According to Dr. W, if all goes well with my stress test and blood work, I could have a surgery date as early as June. I would be so happy if I can get through surgery in June. I am giving up my summer vacation to get on the road to a healthier body. I previously went through the medical weight loss program twice, so I don’t have to go through that again thankfully.

Now that I have wrapped brain around what must happen, all I want is to get through the surgery and get on the road to healing. I have started putting my winter clothes in storage containers to be donated. I may keep a few favorite items to be altered. I am starting to get excited about letting go of some of this extra weight that has made the last year in particular difficult for me.
My 30 year high school reunion is in September and in August I plan to purchase the most kick butt LBD ever!

Submit "Moving Forward" to Digg Submit "Moving Forward" to del.icio.us Submit "Moving Forward" to StumbleUpon Submit "Moving Forward" to Google

Comments

I wish you luck on your journey! I know its hard dealing with insurance companies but it will be worth it! I have surgery next week and I look at the tub of summer clothes I cant quite fit in to and the huge boxes of winter clothes....I know come fall I will have to buy clothes or walk around naked! None of this winters stuff will fit and I will have shrunk out of all my summer stuff! Most awesome feeling ever!!!