Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

FrankR

Third week out

Rate this Entry
Next Tuesday will be the third (week) anniversary of my sleeve surgery. Been losing at least 3 pounds weekly, although I had planned only 2. Been going to the gym daily since one week prior to surgery, with surgery week idle. Walking, stationary bike, various machines, and hour-long water exercise, along with steam room, etc. Two hours every day.
I'm never hungry, but often thirsty. Have trouble taking enough water to avoid thirst and low-blood pressure. Want to loose 100 pounds and gain body strength during my first year. I already see good results and feel more confident I can attain my goals. I'm looking forward to solid foods and fresh vegetables in 3 more weeks.
Yes, my doctor wants me on liquids or very-soft foods for 6 weeks. I make a lot of blender vegetable soop and enjoy my small-curd cottage cheese. Also eating lots of egg whites for protein.

Submit "Third week out" to Digg Submit "Third week out" to del.icio.us Submit "Third week out" to StumbleUpon Submit "Third week out" to Google

Comments

Aloha Frank! Congratulations! It sounds like you're doing well...extremely well if you're exercising that much too! Just FYI, a lot of exercise may be dehydrating you - along with the steam room. You may want to ease up a little bit so you can keep up with your water intake. Best of luck on your journey!
    Hi Frank, congrats on your many accomplishments these first three weeks. Sounds like you've hit the floor running, but just a reminder, this is real surgery we've had, so, while you are feeling so wonderful, it might be wise to pace yourself a bit with the gym time, and the effort to take in fluids. There is no deadline and I'm certain your doctor wants only the best, most complete recovery for you. All the best!