Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Kindle

4 weeks out - did I have surgery?

Rate this Entry
So tomorrow is my 1 month surgiversary and I'm feeling great. There's nothing I can't do at work and I'm pretty much able to take normal swallows of liquid. I started puréed food 10 days ago and nothing I've tried has bothered me.... Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, puréed tuna fish, mashed potatoes (with protein powder), edamame hummus, puréed soups, SF pudding, puréed ham salad, egg whites.... I took it very slow through this stage - Basically I just added 1 new food/day. No more than 1 tablespoon 1-2 times/ day. I am now up to two tablespoons 2-3 times/day. I had a hard time with liquids the first several days because I would be SO FULL after a tablespoon of "food" that it would take an hour or two before I could start drinking again. But now I'm back up to 64+ oz./day. Still getting most of my protein via 2 shakes/day.

I feel so blessed with my smooth recovery and I truly hope everyone can join me with their own success stories.

Submit "4 weeks out - did I have surgery?" to Digg Submit "4 weeks out - did I have surgery?" to del.icio.us Submit "4 weeks out - did I have surgery?" to StumbleUpon Submit "4 weeks out - did I have surgery?" to Google

Comments

How did you do the first 2 weeks I just had mine done on the 14 of this month did you eat broth or gelatin or anything the first 2 weeks...My stomach crawls and when it does it hurts lol
    I was on full liquids the first 17 days... Protein shakes, broth and diluted, strained cream soups with added protein powder and drinkable yogurt. Tiny spoonfuls or sips at a time. Getting all my protein and fluids in was an all day -full time project. Definitely had to take it very slow and not take in too much too fast or I would have little sharp pains in my stomach. Only did that 2 times! But if I would stop drinking for even an hour or so, I couldn't get in all my fluids for the day. It was definitely more uncomfortable when I started puréed foods and had to eat them even slower. I found warm herbal tea (camomile) really helps to sooth my stomach whenever it feels uncomfortable. Are you on a PPI or antacids?

Actually, thinking back I was very bloated and gassy the first 11-12 days. Not really painful, just uncomfortable. Walking and GasX really helped.