Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kbtorp

My story

Rate this Entry
Hey all,

My name is Kaitlyn and I am 20 years old. I had my surgery on August 30th, 2013 and lost 90 pounds since then. My starting weight was 352Ibs. and I currently weigh 262Ibs. My goal weight is 150 pounds. So now that you know all of my technical stuff lets talk about the personal stuff.

I am a college student studying music education to become a high school music teacher. I have been heavy my whole life and I guess you can say obesity is genetic in my family since almost everyone in my family is overweight. However, I always seemed to have the most trouble with it. I started dieting when I was 8 years old and have never weighed what I was supposed to. I have tried every diet under the sun and some of them worked for a little while but the weight always seemed to pile right back on. And the last couple of years everything had just gotten out of control. I was at the point of no return.

I always said that I would never get surgery and that I wasn't that bad. But I guess I just looked in the mirror one day and realized that I was that bad and that getting surgery might be a good idea. So I set off on a long mission to research the surgery and find everything I could about it. All this research really made up my mind for me and I decided to get the surgery. My first doctors appointment with my surgeon to start the process was in May 2013 and 3 months later I had my surgery.

Looking back on it now receiving this surgery was one of the best decisions that I have ever made. I have gained a lot of confidence though out this process and I am so glad that I am becoming healthier and making a better life for myself.

I am now engaged and will be getting married in October 2014. I am so excited to what is in store for me over the next few years. I am excited to share my experiences with all of you and hope that I can help with any questions or concerns that you may have. I wish everyone a happy new year! and hope to be with you though out this year! Cheers!

Submit "My story" to Digg Submit "My story" to del.icio.us Submit "My story" to StumbleUpon Submit "My story" to Google

Comments

Good for you!!!! You are doing amazing!!!! Happy new year!!!
    Congrats. Keep it strong
    Hi there and thanks for sharing your story. You're so young but you have taken control of your life as you've been led to. Congrats goes your way. I have a bachelors in music performance, as pipe organ was my major. I was for a while doing a double major with music education as well, but dropped that.
    It's a wonderful path to follow...so follow your heart.
    It sounds like you have an exciting 2014 to look forward to. You will be able to buy the dress of your dreams to wear for your wedding. I got married and weighed 225 lbs that day, up from 215 the three months prior when we got engaged. I then went up and down and my final weight was 252 lbs by the time I had surgery 20 months ago. Now when I celebrate my 10th wedding anniversary in another year and a half, I'll be able to wear a "dream" dress for my vows renewal. I remember hiding behind my bouquet the day I got married...my dress had gotten so tight in front. Oh well, all that is behind me now.
    I wish you all the very best with your continued weight loss, progress on this journey, your education, wedding and the future that is before you. It's all worth it and you won't have that terrible fight with morbid obesity I had for over 33 years of my adult life.
    Happy 2014 and the sky is the limit for you and your future hubby!
    Congrats! You have decided to make a change for yourself. That is what it takes
    congrats! u are doing very well.keep up the good work. wishing i would have had surgery sooner