Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Fae

1. Alright Alright!

Since February I've lost 56 pounds. 39 of those pounds lost post pre-op diet and post-op. CW 228 today! Goal 160.

I'm learning to be careful with meats; they fill me up quickly, maybe sometimes I eat too fast or don't chew enough. Anyway, tired of upsetting my tummy, feeling miserable and nauseated and occasionally having to upchuck. Nuts, protein shakes, yogurt (although I've been neglecting my yogurt, got a little tired of it, I guess), cottage cheese, canned peaches are some ...
  2. Learning....

Pureed salmon for the first time last night. Put a lit-tle too much chicken broth in the blender and ended up with salmon soup. Wasn't real bad. Smelled like fish, though (LOL at myself!!! What else would it smell like?! ).
  3. 13 days post-op

First post-op visit yesterday. 9 pounds lost pre-op + 13 pounds post-op = 22 pounds lost! Surgeon was pleased, I'm pleased. I'm a slow learner, though. Last night was the THIRD time I ate something I knew I shouldn't and I was in pain for a while. Third time's the charm, right? Definitely, cause I ain't going through that no more!

Next visit 1 month. I've got big plans, time to get to work and do this thing right.

Blessings all.
  4. No Icy H2O! Day 5 post-op

Intended to walk the trail a little bit with hubby this morning, but my right hip wouldn't cooperate. Oh well, I needed an excuse anyway. But after resting up a while I felt like trimming some shrubbery in the backyard, light work, manual trimmer though. For the bigger branches I think I'll have to call on my sweet son-in-law who has some gas powered doo-dad. Worked about 45 minutes, with little breaks at intervals. A few times pulling at a stubborn vine or little limb which was wound through ...
  5. gas

There's a rumbly in my tummy, as Pooh said. In fact there's a rumbly all through my digestive tract. Not painful, but I decided I would try a couple of gas-x strips. The gas has been coming on out, thank goodness, and it does seem to have a different odor. Don't know if the rumbly is audible 'cause it's fairly noisy in my house, haven't been to a quiet place, like the doc's office, yet. I did have some nausea and an episode of vomiting the morning after surgery. They gave me zofran, haven't ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast