Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Kimpossible318

Recovery!!!

Rate this Entry
I called my bariatric coordinator today because my arms are really bothering me. I wouldn't call it pain...I'd call it more like discomfort. They feel heavy and tired. She said the gas moved into my arms seeking away out. Well...um...that gas is dumb cuz there is no way out that way, lol. Other than that, I'm actually doing pretty well. Broth seems to be the easiest for me to get down. Oh...and popsicles too. Love me the popsicles. Every time I wake up from a nap, I have one cuz that's about 1.5 oz of fluid right there and it goes down pretty easily.

I took a shower and it felt good. One of the showers in my parent's house has a bench in it, so you can bet your bottom dollar I chose that one so I could take a break mid-shower, lol. Talk about lazy!

I've been walking around the house, out to get the mail, and my mom took me back to my house to check on the remodel, so I walked around there, too.

I am, believe it or not, actually able to sleep on my stomach. Weird, right?

Gas X strips are awesome, so great thanks to everyone who suggested them!!!

I received 3 floral gifts today which just made my day. One set of roses and daisies came in a cute smiley face mug from an aunt, uncle, and cousins. Another arrangement came in a cute green pal from my younger sister, brother-in-law, nephew, and their dog (lol). The third is 3 dozen roses that came from one of my oldest and dearest friends and her husband. People's thoughtfulness just warms my heart.

Best wishes to all who are recovering and those who are about to be sleeved!!!

Submit "Recovery!!!" to Digg Submit "Recovery!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Recovery!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Recovery!!!" to Google

Comments

Sounds like you are doing very well!! Good for you!! I wasn't able to sleep on my stomach but I'm glad you can, sleeping on my back so long bothered me. Glad to hear everything went well!!
    Sry to hear ur havin pain Did ur bariatric co-ordinator have any advice as to how to get rid of the gas in ur arms? That has got to suck. I have had back surgery, my thyroid out and 3 c-sections and I do not recall having any gas pains. Im guessing its because of what type of surgery it is?? I do c that its a prob for a lot of ppl on here...im sry
    Find someone willing to gently massage your arms and upper neck, and keep walking. It will really help. Hope you are better soon!
    You are doing great sweetheart....keep up the great work!
    This makes me soooo happy for you You have amazing support from you family and friends.
    You sound very chipper.
    I am glad you are doing well.
    Keep up good work
    Glad your doing good. I could sleep on my stomach too! I was very lucky and had no gas pain. I got bored with broth so I started on blended soups. Keep up the good work!
    You sound like you're doing great.
    Go girl! Stoopid gas! I'm thinking a good massage will work that gas out! So excited for you! I'm off to Mexico tomorrow morning. In 24 hours, we'll be sleeve sisters! Woohoo!!!
    I'm glad to hear you are recovering well. Take care of yourself.
    Sounds pretty good! Hope your arms get back into working order soon. So happy for you! Poscicles are still yummy to me too!
    You're right. Gas is dumb.
    sounds like you are Loved! So glad you have so much support. You sound for the most part like your doing great. I called my Dr. a couple of times the 1st few days as I wasn't sure if things I was feeling were normal so call away thats what they are there for
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisIs4Me
    Sry to hear ur havin pain Did ur bariatric co-ordinator have any advice as to how to get rid of the gas in ur arms? That has got to suck. I have had back surgery, my thyroid out and 3 c-sections and I do not recall having any gas pains. Im guessing its because of what type of surgery it is?? I do c that its a prob for a lot of ppl on here...im sry
    They pump gas into our abdominal cavity for this surgery so they can see everything better. That's why we get stuck with the gas pains. Boo!

She said the arms should chill in the next few days, but there was a suggestion of asking someone to massage them for me...I started massaging them myself and it has helped a lot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen from Texas
    Find someone willing to gently massage your arms and upper neck, and keep walking. It will really help. Hope you are better soon!

This was awesome advice!!! Actually, I massaged my own arms and upper neck and what a huge difference that made! Thank you!!! =)
    Glad to hear you are doing awesome! GasX is def a lifesaver. Good luck!
    Yay!!! So happy you're doing so well!!!
    Congrats! Sounds like you're doing well. Maybe you could treat yourself to a body massage - telling them to stay away from the abdominal area? Walking will also help. Remember to sip, sip, sip too to stay hydrated.
    lol , I love that. The gas seeking a way out in the arms. Im glad you're doing good hon
    Happy to hear your cruising along nicely. Your info is so helpful. Thank you!
    Glad to hear you are doing so well. You are so on your way to a healthier Y.O.U. I can't wait to be there with you !!
    Maybe there will b a tall handsome male nurse/nurses aide working when I have my surg so he can massage my arms...im sure my back will prob hurt too Im glad they told u what would help and u shared with us ty
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisIs4Me
    Maybe there will b a tall handsome male nurse/nurses aide working when I have my surg so he can massage my arms...im sure my back will prob hurt too Im glad they told u what would help and u shared with us ty
    If so, I will be so jealous of you! Do you think that would be a good line once I'm out and about in public? "Hey you, why don't you come on over here and massage my arms to help get my gas out." That combined with a wink should have the guys lining up, eh?! lol =)
    Congrat's my friend you are doing fab! My most sincere for a continued speedy recovery! Me? I am going to San Diego today and home sweet home tomorrow to my darling husband. I actually feel pretty good, sore but good. Alas no poop yet :-)