Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

shelleyssweets

1. Starting Over

What a difference a year can make.

I have totally gotten away from diet and exercise....resulting in gaining back quite a bit of the weight I lost in my first year after sleeve surgery. I wont waste anyones time by blaming it on anything except laziness on my part.

Surgery was Aug 12, 2012. I lost 105 pounds that first year.
    June 8, 2013 my whole world changed. My husband and I separated, I closed my business and moved to Ohio.
    Since then, most everything ...
  2. 8 weeks Post Op

Feeling fantastic!!!! I can't believe it's been 8 weeks already. Where has the past 2 months went?
    I had my first post op appointment with my surgeon today. He was pleased with my progress. I dont see him again until January...so that's a good thing.
    I have added taebo and hula hooping to my exercise routine. I am also looking into belly dance. Just trying to keep a good variety of exercises to hit all of my body.
    Most foods dont give me trouble as long as I eat slowly and
  3. Progress pics......

What a difference 3 weeks can make!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 weeks post op.jpg 
Views:	636 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	6695  
  4. Stalled....

Well, it seems as I have stalled on the weight loss. I have been stuck at 300# for a week, but the inches are still coming off. I know I should be happy about that....but I wonder if I should be doing more. I will probably always second guess myself. I am sticking mainly to either chipped turkey breast, tuna and protein shakes for my protein. The last few days I have noticed Im not getting as much fluids down. I always feel like im having to put something in my mouth all the dang time....either ...
  5. I am my own "Food Network" star!

I have decided I don't want to view food as the enemy. Instead....It has become my own challenge. have you ever watched the Food network and seen some of the shows where they have to do a "one bite" challenge? Thats me with meals right now....but with 2-3 bites. I am a Pastry Chef but have decided to switch gears and learn more about savory foods. I am figuring out how to take components from the meals I cook for my family....and turn them into a flavorful and healthy meal for myself. ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast