Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

KMelendez

1. Heartburn and Acid Reflux!

I have been struggling the past two months with bad heartburn that just recently graduated to terrible acid reflux. I was awaken in the night by awful acid coming up. I didn't dare swallow because it burned so bad. I have never had this experience before. After calling my bariatric doctor, I was put on Prilosec 2xday, Pepcid AC Complete 1xday, and a prescription of Carafate 3xday. Things have settled down, but still quite a bit of burning in my belly. Anyone have this same problem, and if so, ...
  2. From Size 18 to Size 10

It has been 8 months since my surgery and I am now wearing a Size 10 comfortably. Just went through my clothes from last winter to sell on consignment and cannot believe how much my body has changed from this surgery. Having the surgery was the best thing I have done for myself. A co-worker gave me two bags of size 10 pants that she grew out of and they all fit! My little sister who has always been smaller than me can't wear a size 10.
  3. Beyond Comprehension

I have a very well to do aunt that I absolutely adore, and she has been one of my biggest cheerleaders through this whole bariatric surgery process. She sent me a big box of clothes early this spring and many of the clothes were size 8 and 10. I have never been in a size 8 in my life, and did not have any hopes of being able to fit into any of them. But they were of such high quality and designer names that I didn't have the heart to donate them or sell them in a consignment store so I stuck ...
  4. New Passion: Biking

Bought a bike on Craig's List yesterday and my husband and I took off on a 13 mile trail ride. Not even a possibility 6 months ago. I would have been too exhausted and out of breath to make the challenging hills or the duration. This surgery is such a blessing to me and my family/friends. I know what they mean about starting to live now: without the weight dragging you down, you have energy to get out of the spectator stands and get on the field! Love it!!
  5. More Energy = More Life

I cannot believe how much more energy I have now that 70 lbs. of weight has been lifted from my body. I don't need as much sleep, I don't tire as easily (unless I don't eat my protein or drink fluids), and I am so much more open to doing things. It doesn't feel like I have an anchor on my body just to do things. This surgery has been a Godsend to me. I have struggled with my weight for so long and felt like such a failure every time I would lose weight and gain it right back on that my self-esteem ...