Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

NSV-OMG-Little Black Dress-Whoop Whoop!!-Loving the Sleeved Life

Rate this Entry
So I have a little body dysmorphia. I always have. Back when I was young and in HS I always thought I was fat when I clearly wasn't looking back at the pictures. I was thin. I was fit. When I was fat....it flipped and I was partially in denial. I never thought I was as obese as I was until I saw pictures of myself. When I looked in the mirror I would think I wasn't that big. Clearly I was. Whenever I would go shopping I would always pick up jeans and think they would fit and were most likely too big. Then I would go try them on in the dressing room and feel so sad and defeated. Either they would not go up at all, not close, or even worse....I could force them shut and look like a can of biscuits that had exploded. Rolls and fat busting out everywhere.
Now I have the opposite view of myself. I think I am bigger than I am. I went to buy some smaller jeans. I kept grabbing stuff thinking it looked to small and it wound up being too big. Not a bad problem to have, I might add. Long story short, I ended up finally finding some size 1 juniors jeans that fit. (I am 4'11" so this is not a crazy size.) I was really shocked that I was wearing a 1. I don't think I look like a 1. When I tried the 3's they were clearly too big on my waist and did not lay flush. They also sagged a lot in my butt/hips/thighs area. Then I found a sweet little black strapless dress for my birthday next week. It was on sale for $14.40. I love me a bargain. I will post pics next week when I wear it for my party.
Today I am going on another wine tour. We are going for a friends birthday so I am excited about that. Get to wear my new clothes that I bought last night. I have not bought nearly as many clothes as I thought I would. I think part of it has been the speed of weight loss over the past 10 months. I also think it is knowing that I will be staying this size. I want to see what weight my body finds to be it's new normal set point. So far it seems to be 113. So we will see.
As for my professional designation, that is moving right along. I am half way done. I will be starting the 3rd portion tomorrow. I know if I put my mind to it I can get it knocked out in less than 3 weeks. I intend to be fully completed by the end of October if not sooner. Fingers crossed I can keep up this stamina.
Well sleevers, I am off to get ready for some fabulous fun with friends. I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. Big hugs!

Submit "NSV-OMG-Little Black Dress-Whoop Whoop!!-Loving the Sleeved Life" to Digg Submit "NSV-OMG-Little Black Dress-Whoop Whoop!!-Loving the Sleeved Life" to del.icio.us Submit "NSV-OMG-Little Black Dress-Whoop Whoop!!-Loving the Sleeved Life" to StumbleUpon Submit "NSV-OMG-Little Black Dress-Whoop Whoop!!-Loving the Sleeved Life" to Google

Comments

I can totally relate to the thin pictures and thinking I was fat and feeling thinner than I was the last 10 years and seeing pictures and being horrified. I realized I am buying a lot less food since I can't eat much. Sounds like I need to save the food money and put it towards a clothes budget when I am done. I really love your inspiring posts!
    I always think I'm bigger than reality, before surgery, I thought I was smaller! LOL!
    Been running now for several months. Five miles, five x week and I can do it so easily now with the extra weight gone!
    Stats: 5'6
    121 lbs
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzjsan
    I can totally relate to the thin pictures and thinking I was fat and feeling thinner than I was the last 10 years and seeing pictures and being horrified. I realized I am buying a lot less food since I can't eat much. Sounds like I need to save the food money and put it towards a clothes budget when I am done. I really love your inspiring posts!
    Oh yes. The amount of money saved on food is nuts. Especially when we go out to eat. I just eat off my hubbies plate. People probably just think we are cheap but I don't care. LOL.
    It is crazy how we do that. I do know that I will never go back to where I was. I weigh myself daily and keep myself accountable. I will definitely adjust my eating as soon as I go 5 lbs over my current weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa888
    I always think I'm bigger than reality, before surgery, I thought I was smaller! LOL!
    Been running now for several months. Five miles, five x week and I can do it so easily now with the extra weight gone!
    Stats: 5'6
    121 lbs
    I am so glad it is not just me. How weird is it that we switch it up in our head like that. I am assuming when we are fat we are in denial. Gah. So glad not to be in denial any more. Love my new healthy life. I love to run as well. It is my happy time. I love to work things out in my head while I am in my running zone.
    Awesome well done , id say u look very good too
    Quote Originally Posted by keoster1
    Awesome well done , id say u look very good too

Thanks Ciaran!! Been using this tool like my life depends on it...and it does!