Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

a2twinsnanny

3 months post op- mirrors

Rate this Entry
I am almost 50 lbs post-op from having my VSG. I have lost 2 dress sizes and even my feet have lost weight so I have to wear the shoes that last year had begun to fit too tightly. The biggest nsv for me is that I have actually started looking in the mirror again without cringing. I know that sounds horrible but I went through a tough period in my life around 6 years ago and that was when I reached my highest weight. I was depressed and no longer cared about how I looked but was in survivor mode. It was as if my appearance was no longer very important, but I was focused on just not being noticed and hiding the fat that I kept gaining.

Click on the following link to watch my VLOG of me discussing this topic.

https://youtu.be/SB65TZfqOuI

I remember when I was working at a school a few years ago and a little boy asked me if I was pregnant because I looked like his mommy who was pregnant since my stomach was so big and my feet looked swollen. I was embarrassed but it was a reminder to me that I was no longer looking myself. In my head, The chubby version of me was not me but I felt like I was wearing a fat suit that I just couldn't take off.
Now that I have lost some obvious weight and people are noticing. I look in the mirror again, I spend more time getting dressed and actually have time to comb my hair every morning. I was at the gas station today and two men gave me compliments about my appearance. I am happily married, but the attention was surprising and reminded me of how my life was before my weight took over my life. So I can finally look in mirrors again without wanting to cry and that is the biggest NSV I could have ever asked for.
I always loved myself, I always thought I was pretty in my own way, but now I feel like I have reunited with an old friend that I have missed for so many years.

Submit "3 months post op- mirrors" to Digg Submit "3 months post op- mirrors" to del.icio.us Submit "3 months post op- mirrors" to StumbleUpon Submit "3 months post op- mirrors" to Google

Comments

we had our surgery on the same day..so glad you are doing so well!! and that you like mirrors now!! Congrats!!