Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Truebody

Yikes!!!!

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Truebody View Post
Oh my gosh. - just come home from my GP who, when I started to talk about weight, piped up and said "would you consider surgery, you'd be a great candidate for the gastric sleeve". Took the words right out of my mouth. So now I have 2 referrals to go off and discuss this as a real option.
Wow. When I was there and he was saying, "really, there's nothing to it, it works, we don't quite know why", the idea that this might just be something that I can do almost overwhelmed me. Managed to keep the tears from falling, but couldn't wait to come home and jump on the forum to tell everyone.
More calls to make tomorrow to see what the next step will be.
I'm off and racing.
So this is the start of my journey. The consensus of the medical professionals is that I need help. I'm so damned sore and tired and feeling so old that moving forward with this is my only option. I worked out that I have been struggling with my weight for 45 years - now I'm certain that's long enough.

Submit "Yikes!!!!" to Digg Submit "Yikes!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Yikes!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Yikes!!!!" to Google

Comments

WooHoo look out world!!!!! Good luck .... Look forward to sharing your journey .... Cheers!!!!
    Amen sister!!!!! That is LONG enough!!!!! Congrats!!!!! Love your post!!!! Please keep us posted on your journey!!!!!
    He's right! As far as the surgery goes, there's nothing to it. There are some adjustments you have to make at the beginning... such as, learning your new stomach. But after the first couple of months, I'd forget that I'd even had the surgery. Except that I felt great and the weight was melting off! Go for it!!