Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Mikecab4

helpful tips are appreciated...

Rate this Entry
Hey Guys,

For those experienced sleevers who have lost the weight over the months.... do you have any health tips for losing the weight. I am about 22 days post-op and haven't lost anything since last week. Is it normal to have a plateau so early on? I am not nervous or anything, just curious.

All the best,
Michael

Submit "helpful tips are appreciated..." to Digg Submit "helpful tips are appreciated..." to del.icio.us Submit "helpful tips are appreciated..." to StumbleUpon Submit "helpful tips are appreciated..." to Google

Comments

Michael, I haven't lost anything for 5 days and I'm 16 days out so earlier than you. I think it's expected eh. I've got my dietitian today though and onto the purees!!!!! :-)
    Hey Stacey,

Purees!!! Finally!!! good luck. Hope it goes well.

All the best,
    Michael
    Hahaha. Yes. There is the first stall that generally happens for most people between weeks 3 & 5. When it hits it is devastating but it is your body attempting to catch it's breath. Relax, it will pass. I thought I was in maintenance mode and I just lost 3 more lbs. I was shocked as there have been no real changes in my diet or exercise.
    Hey Christie,

Thanks! That makes me feel much better. I hope this plateau ends soon

All the best,
    Michael
    It will pass. Most people will have a few throughout their journey. I always noticed that mine occurred when it was time to increase my calories and my body needed more.
    To add to Christie’s post make sure your exercising every day. Not sure when you had surgery. If under 4-6 weeks you can go out and walk. By week 2 I was walking 5-7miles a day. I got a Fitbit watch for Valentine’s Day and started competing for most steps in a day or week. It’s also helpful to see how much activity your getting. You can track your food and water intake. Living an active Be sure to take measurements. When we go through stalls we usually are loosing inches. Good Luck
    Hey Tamera,

Great idea! Thanks for the advice.

All the best,
    Michael
    My tip is to hide your scale. Stay off it, it messes with your head. And yes, a stall like you are having is totally normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamera2
    To add to Christie’s post make sure your exercising every day. Not sure when you had surgery. If under 4-6 weeks you can go out and walk. By week 2 I was walking 5-7miles a day. I got a Fitbit watch for Valentine’s Day and started competing for most steps in a day or week. It’s also helpful to see how much activity your getting. You can track your food and water intake. Living an active Be sure to take measurements. When we go through stalls we usually are loosing inches. Good Luck
    This is good advice because i measured myself and had lost heaps of cms :-)
    How are you going, Michael?
    The weight starting to shift now?
    Hoping all's well on your weight loss journey.