Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JulieLynn

34 Days and counting

Rate this Entry
I can't believe it, I finally have a surgery date of December 5, 2016. I am super excited and nervous all at the same time. 34 days isn't a long time in the grand scheme of things but it seems to be creeping along. I do have events to look forward to as I count down to my surgery. We of course have Halloween tonight and I am flying to California on November 9th to stay with my best friend; who is having cancer treatment in Santa Barbara. We fly home together on the 12th. After that excitement comes Thanksgiving; did you know it's only 23 days away? Black Friday shopping and putting up the Christmas tree with the kids comes next. As December begins I have my church's Christmas Tea on December 2nd (which I host a table and decorate the stage for). That will be one busy week for sure. My surgery comes 3 days later on the 5th. Phew, that's a lot in 34 days. I have to say that I am so very blessed that I will get to stay home with my children over the Christmas and New Years break. They are looking forward to it and I am looking forward to the help while I recover. What are everyone else's plans for the upcoming holidays? Any big trips? Seeing someone who you haven't seen in a while?

Julie

Submit "34 Days and counting" to Digg Submit "34 Days and counting" to del.icio.us Submit "34 Days and counting" to StumbleUpon Submit "34 Days and counting" to Google

Comments

That is a busy time. Make sure you make time for yourself as this change that's coming is going to mentally be tough especially this time of year. You will need to make sure your stress levels stay even. You will do great and I am sure your family will fully support you.

Not a holiday trip, but the wife and I are going to Jamaica in a week. Late anniversary trip, if I make through this without falling completely off the wagon I will be ecstatic. This is going to be my first big temptation post surgery. All inclusive and lord only knows how I will react to a little alcohol. If I have any, it will be my first drink since July.
    congrats, my surgery is scheduled for tuesday