Pre-admission Testing-

Medical Weight Management Program 6 Months

1st. April 24th 2:45pm
2nd. May 28th 10:45am
3rd.
4th.
5th.
6th.

Submit "Wish I can get a surgery date sooner but might not be until October :(" to Digg Submit "Wish I can get a surgery date sooner but might not be until October :(" to del.icio.us Submit "Wish I can get a surgery date sooner but might not be until October :(" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wish I can get a surgery date sooner but might not be until October :(" to Google

Comments

Hi there, well it sounds like you have a lot to keep you busy until you do get your surgery done
    I am waiting to get my insurance back, they said I didn't turn it my paperwork on time but I did! should have got a receipt!! how did you do your before and after picture? I'm sending you a friend request, hope I don't have to wait to long for my surgery but if so maybe we'll be around the same time, have a great weekend, God bless, Cindy
    That's when I'm hoping to have my surgery. I've been hoping to get the surgery done for almost a year now so I'll gladly take September or October
    Medical weight management. I wonder what the reason for that is? Sometimes insurance companies make no sense! It's not like you've never tried on your own, right??
    I understand they want to make sure their not wasting their money but I have try numerous things to help me lose weight I was 310 now I'm 275 I'm trying. I'm just sick of being in pain my breast and back hurts terribly because my breast are a 44ddd now smh that's really why I consider the surgery.
    Sorry to hear you're disappointed - I did have my surgery very quickly after making the decision, so I really get the sense of wanting it NOW!

However, unless you want to switch to self-pay in Mexico or something - If this is what's required I guess you work out how to make it work best for you. I think if I knew I had surgery at the end of it, and regular check-ups during, I would do okay in a 6 month program and lose weight well (it's maintenance I've always sucked at). Any weight you lose during the pre-op phase will mean less weight to drop post-op, and importantly it will mean you are in the best shape possible for surgery, with much lower complication risk (which was a big fear for me in the lead up to surgery). In fact I lost more weight in the month pre-op once I'd decided to have surgery (including before I even met my doctor) than I did in the first month post-op.

I'm not one of them, but lots of people on here had to do many months pre-op programmes before having surgery, and it's clear it's worked really well for some people. Go and look at Bilby's page - she made a definite decision she wanted to lose weight and get active before booking her surgery, and has just set a date after already losing quite a lot of weight and being in exactly the right place not just for having surgery, but for all the lifestyle changes required beyond.

In the longer term, it doesn't matter which bits of weight we lost either pre-op or post-op, but there's nothing to stop you making positive changes now if you can hold onto it all being part of the journey - rather than viewing the pre-op as something you have to do before your journey can start.
    Thank you for that and your absolutely right, I love the 6 months because I love to prepare and get all my info in but when I see others getting surgery dates it makes me sad a little that its not me and that I have another summer to go in this body which I hate going outdoors because of. I will be fine some days I'm just a little moody.