Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

mila

1. First Goal Reached

Today, I weigh 199 lbs and am -50 lbs from original weight of 249. I am 4 months post of as of 4 days ago. It has been amazing and I am so thankful to have found this surgery tool.

My next goal is to lose 28 lbs and be 'overweight' instead of 'obese'. Here's to all of us who have had the courage to take this step and make a new life for ourselves, instead of staying stuck. I love watching that scale number decrease, having more energy, feeling like exercising (miracle), being able ...
  2. Wow! Has the weight loss ever slowed down....

Since week four I'm losing about a pound a week. I am very strick about eating exactly what the diet plan, given to me by my nutritionist, says to eat. I have not cheated once...except when I took a bite of the Spanish rice I was making for my husband's supper to see if it was done. I am exercising twice daily and just today had the energy to increase my walk another block. I'm, quite frankly, a little frustrated. When I was on a regular diet (have been many, many times) and was eating like this ...
  3. What's with all the advertising and spam

This is ridiculous. Doesn't anyone monitor this site? Some of this advertising is the same that I have reported in the past.
  4. I made a healthy choice

And I'm so happy with myself. I get very upset today and instead of diving into comfort food, I went for a walk. This is a first! Not saying that I will always handle anger and frustration positively...but I did today. And that's a beginning.
  5. Pre op visit

Yesterday I drove three hrs to Lubbock TX, from my home in NM, and had a long day of tests before my pre-op visit. My surgeon had insisted on doing an endoscope. A little background here...over a year ago I had precancerous polyps removed from my duodenum, using laser surgery. Even though I have had two clear endoscopes done since then, my WLS surgeon insisted he do another one. I have been grumbling about having to do this again, until yesterday. Dr Syn found a prob. malignant 10-15cm tumor in ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast