Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Gayle

1. Woo Hoo!!! My Surgiversary is Today and What a Change for the Better!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
    One year ago I was sleeved. It has been a journey of discovery and miracles. It has been tough. I still fight myself everyday.
    BUT -- I have gone from a BMI of 39.8 from 3 years ago to a BMI today of 22.4.
    I have gone from a 3X and size 22 pants to a size small or medium top and a size 6 pants.
    I have gone from my all time high of 238 to 130.6 as of this morning.
    I have gotten off my butt and now swim almost daily 1.25 miles.
    Most importantly, I have gone
  2. Reflections on January 2013

According to Livestrong.com, last month I lost 5 pounds and swam 27 miles. Also was taken off all diabetes medicine. Ate 33,263 calories (average 1108 per day) and burned 14067 of them (average 469 per day). 639 average net calories per day. Not a bad month overall despite my stumbling moments.

Sometimes it helps to reflect on where we have been.
    How was your month? Did you meet a goal? Are you still on the right track even after stumbling a few times?

May ...
  3. Announcement on diabetes!

OKAY ---- TA TA TA TA TAAAAAAAAAA----- MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT!!!:
    As of right now, I am no longer on ANY diabetes medicine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A1C 5.7
    GOAL MET!!!!!

I started this journey with runaway diabetes. I was on Janumet 50/1000 twice a day, glimepiride 4mg., levemir, novolog, and Victoza. Still had A1C at 9.4. Then, in May, I got very sick and ended up on steroids and the steroids shot my blood glucose up to 600 -- and it STAYED there. ...
  4. What a difference a year makes! New year -- new me!

Well, new year -- new me. Who would have thought a year ago that I would be sitting here at the computer weighing 140? Not me, that's for sure. A year ago I was lost, looking and feeling ill. Diabetes running and ruining my life. Apnea getting worse. Colds turning into months long complications and infections. A death spiral accelerating. I did nothing. I sat. I didn't even take the stairs because of the pain in my knees. The kids at school started treating me like a handicapped person ...
  5. Stalling: The numbers don't add up, do they?

I have had the best of intentions every day. I even did a protein shake fast (with the exception of small light dinners) for 2 days this past weekend.
    es, I have had some treats of the season. But does that mean I will no longer lose weight?

Honestly, I have been swimming like a crazy lady. I have swum 6.75 miles this week.
    Eaten 8150 calories, burned 4112 calories.
    And NOTHING!!!! No break!! I have even GAINED weight. 144.4 this morning.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast