Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

4linton

1. Protein shakes for some, Real food is O.K. as well.

Alright, today I had my early 6 month checkup a month early as Doc would be out of town next month. Everything is great. Had blood drawn 2 weeks ago and results are ALL either normal or slightly high for All vitamins/minerals and my cholesterol has dropped to 225 from 250. Unlike others I was told to drink shakes prior to and for a couple months after surgery but not to rely on them as my protein intake over time. I was to get my protein from REAL food sources as I progressed to eating more regularly. ...
  2. This Idiot wants your feedback!

After being called an idiot trying to be impressive I defended my stance with facts. Apparently facts are not always appreciated on this site and the ridicule began, remember I was called an idiot so the stone was thrown. My replying was probably my mistake and I apologize for doing so. After a number of weeks now I still recieve veiled comments with a "LOL" attacthed as to have a chuckle at my expense. I am considering leaving the sight if it is what the members would like. I would like ...
  3. 3 year old Info. on U.S. residents returning to the states from Mexico without proper passport or fastcards.

4. Insurance by any other name is no guaranty of coverage! It's the plan that matters most... or cash!

Just a blurb for those looking at WLS in their future. Most large Insurance companies cover differing styles of Weight Loss Surgeries. That being said, for many policy holders, it matters not as much the company you are insured with but what your individual policy itself will cover. Many people have policies that will cover WLS outright while others may have to have co-morbidities or 3-6 month supervised plans before getting approval and for a whole lot of people their personal policies will ...
  5. Food? for thought...

I noticed a difference for myself at the very least.

Shrinking stomach may boost risk for booze abuse
    BY LINDSEY TANNER AP Medical Writer The Associated Press

link below:

http://www.charter.net/news/read.php...&ps=968&page=1

I have a tendency to FEEL more effect than before.. Interesting read!
    mostly talks of Bypass but does include all bariatric surgeries...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast