Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

VSGSetyoufree

1. 2015 What a Year! Resolutions for 2016

It has been a year of change for me with renewed optimism and a new outlook on life. My weight at the beginning of 2015 was around 285 and on 12/30/15 it was 187. As it has been said plenty of times before my only regret is that I didn't do this sooner. I was coasting through life for 5 or 6 years and not really living. Being fat hindered everything I used to do and was like self inflicted prison. Nothing can replace the feeling of being able to do anything I want physically. Recently my friend's ...
  2. Goal Weight Met Today

I have not seen my surgeon for a few months. Mainly I felt like it wasn't necessary to make an appointment to just weigh in and chat for a while. I have done everything I was supposed to do and it has paid off. I was due for a full blood panel so I saw my surgeon today and also weighed in. The printout from the scale read 187.5 In April 2014, the first time I got on that scale it read 400.5
    I honestly didn't think I could get to that number without some kind of plastic surgery or liposuction ...
  3. Turkey Trot Goal met and a pound away from the Promised Land

Well after spending the better part of 2 decades sitting on the sidelines I have to say it's better to be in the game. I weighed in today at 189, down 3 pounds from 2 weeks ago, a pound from my goal weight and down over 210 pounds from the day I started this process. Last week I ran a 5K and my goal was to break 30 min. I came in at 29:21, nearly a minute faster than the 5K I ran a month ago. This was a hilly and challenging course and it was cold, but It was a great race and a fun time. ...
  4. The pace continues, Down 2 more pounds to 192

It's been a regular pound-a-week process for me recently which is a lot slower than my early losses of course, but a loss is a loss. Only 4 pounds away from a number I never really thought would happen. I set my goal weight at a number when I was in the best shape of my life. That was when I was 17 yrs old in high school. To be honest I thought that possibly getting under 200 lbs would have been more than enough, but my new active lifestyle has made me want to achieve more. If you don't use ...
  5. Congrats to the Royals, Down 2 more pounds

The Royals were a team of destiny. After getting so close last year they would not be denied this year. They just refused to lose. They deserved it.
    It seems I'm on a 1lb/week pace. As long as I remain disciplined with my eating and exercise regularly I know I'll hit my target weight soon. Only 6 more pounds to go. Took two huge bins of clothes to a thrift shop this week. My closet was loaded with stuff that was too big. Continued success to all.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast