Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Step One

Well, my doctor set me up with a referral to a surgeon. I contact the surgeons office, because I am proactive like that. My first meeting with them is June 10th. Prior to scheduling the meeting, they asked that I reach out to my insurance to make sure that bariatric surgery is covered, which I had already done. I had checked online, I had made my husband get a copy of our SPD from his HR person. But after I called the surgeons office, I called my insurance on the phone to just triple check. The ...
  2. In Good Company

There are moments throughout this journey where I have felt that I have lost the maximum amount of weight possible. As a direct result, I had resigned myself to the fact that I may remain 6'1" and weigh 240 pounds for the rest of my life. After some serious contemplation I realized that resigning myself to my current weight is not enough. I want to reach my goal weight of 185 pounds (or somewhere close to it) by the end of the year. Armed with this new found determination, I decided to embark ...
  3. Bipolar Disorder and Weight Loss Surgery

I have bipolar disorder. And while many of you may think that means I am quite simply insanity defined, the truth of the matter is this: I have a chemical imbalance that triggers emotional responses - sometimes at inopportune times. While my behavioral patterns attempt to lend themselves to sway me to make irrational decisions in my life, I fight hard everyday to do the right thing and to ensure that I am on track with who I chose to be in this life. In short, I do not let this disorder define me. ...
  4. The day after

Good morning, it is Tuesday. Yesterday I had my procedure and I am told it was practically perfect. Thanks God for that! It didnt hurt really bad like my shoulder surgery did and I had a pretty comfortable day in the hospital. I was exceptionally blessed that my husband came and stayed with me all day we got to be close. At the end of the evening pain medication was making me nauseous - I’ve been getting nausea medicine almost every four hours I tried to lay off in the evening and through the ...
  5. ...And So It Begins.

For those of you who have followed me since joining this community in September of last year, I am left to assume that you are knowledgeable regarding my setbacks and successes, and to those of you who are new here, WELCOME! What I promise you will find with my blog posts is that I am nothing if not candid regarding my struggles. Reason being: there is no benefit for any of us if I post cryptic writings that only I understand. I want everyone here to see that I, much like the rest of us, am fallible. ...