Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. My dog is my rock!

I got my little Havanese pup in February. His name is Brady(after Tom). He has been like a weight loss buddy. I have to walk him everyday so he doesn't get into trouble. Luckily there's an nice little lake 1/4 mile from my house that has a walking trail. Once around is a mile so we've managed to go almost daily 2 miles as fast as I can walk. He trots the entire two miles cause he's little. It really has helped me get out and move cause I feel guilty if I don't walk him. I have to say when it got ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	084.PNG 
Views:	399 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	27018  
  2. Maintaining-Carbs-Back to School

Haven't blogged lately. Not a lot going on for my WLS journey. I am hanging tough at 113. I feel healthy at this weight. I am no longer low carb. I actually need the carbs to maintain my weight. I still focus on my protein and veggies but also eat grains now. Adding the carbs back in did not make me gain weight or give me any digestive issues.
    I am still running and getting ready for my half marathon. I feel strong when I run. It is such a great feeling. It is a time to unwind from ...
  3. 15-Month Post-op Check-In

Wow! what a whirlwind! I started my Graduate program, and already two weeks have flown by!!!

Stress eating could improve, both my daughter and I were in separate car accidents weeks from each other, mine was very minor, and while hers totaled her vehicle she walked away with one minor injury. Fortunately, neither of us were at fault and my insurance has been stellar in taking care of everything. Yesterday, we went to a dealership to get her new vehicle and I since we had settled ...
  4. Peeing post op...

I am 12 days post op. I am drinking my water and I know I am not dehydrated based on my urine color. I drink more water now than I ever have before yet I never pee! I used to pee once an hour or two and now it's like 3 times a day. I asked the PA in the surgeons office and she had no answer for me. I've heard this is common post op but did anyone get an explanation why?
  5. 2 week pre-op diet starts tomorrow!

Over the last several years that I have been looking at VSG, I have had days on my calendar pinpointed with exclamation points. Everyone's journey is a bit different, but I had the day of the required informational seminar marked, psyche evaluation day marked (shew, glad they didn't commit me to the asylum!!!), endoscopy day, nutrition class day, one day per month with PCP, appt with surgeon, date for insurance approval, and now I have reached the day marked in my calendar for tomorrow to begin ...
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast