Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

It's About Time

Busy Bee!

Rate this Entry
I haven't been around much for the past week or so -- I've been super busy with work and getting stuff done around my house and such. I haven't been focusing on getting a few preop pounds off as much as I should be, but I'm not sweating it just yet. At my last medical appointment, the nurse practitioner said they preferred me to have a BMI of 50 (or a little lower) to lower surgical risks, and I'm within five pounds of that now. I'll be happy if it's off before my surgical appointment (this Tuesday! w00t!!), but I'm not pressuring myself to do that. If I can lose five to ten pounds before my "official" two week preop diet, I'll be a happy camper.

I've started to get my house clean and in order before my surgery - I've cleaned out some clutter and am going to start clearing out my pantry this weekend. I also packed away my summer clothes and plan on dropping them at the salvation army soon - I'm counting on not needing them next year!

I've told a few more people about the surgery, too - I'm at the point where I can gauge a person's reaction before I tell them. There was one friend I was worried wouldn't understand why I was going forward with surgery, but we talked and I explained my reasons and that I had done my research and that I wasn't doing this on a whim. She, like most, is mainly concerned for my safety and that sort of thing. I'm lucky for such supportive friends, truly.

It is late, and my bed is calling to me. Have a great weekend everybody!!

Submit "Busy Bee!" to Digg Submit "Busy Bee!" to del.icio.us Submit "Busy Bee!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Busy Bee!" to Google

Comments

Let the countdown begin!!! How exciting, Jenn! I commend you on the de-cluttering and the boxing up those summer clothes - you can definitely say goodbye to them and hello to a new you!!! =)
    Congrats 2 u, time is gonna fly now! Good luck 2 u