Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Sleep study scheduled!

April 6, 2017

When I left the hospital after the first meeting with the bariatric team, I was given a pretty thick folder and what seemed like a half-dozen referrals.

I'm going to list them here (partially so I can look back and remember!)

Sleep Study- I was told that my insurance would likely cover a home sleep study. I called today and instead, the insurance (Aetna PPO) is covering a stay in a sleep lab. I really don't think it'll show anything, ...
  2. Has anyone gone into surgery at 260 lbs?

I don't have my surgery date yet but I currently weigh 260. I'm assuming when I go on my liquid diet, I will probably lose a few pounds. Has anyone gone into surgery weighing in at 260? Just curious how much weight did you lose and how do you feel?

Thanks for sharing your info.

-Victor
  3. 22 Weeks-133 lbs-13 lbs from GOAL-Shopping

My, my, my...22 weeks already. (And 5 months officially as of 4/3/17.) Inching closer to goal weight. Just 13 lbs away. I never dreamed that in just 5 months I would be so close to my goal weight. Yet here we are and I am confident that I will get to my goal with no issues.

I am still loving my Apple Watch. I can tell you that it has totally gotten me moving more periodically throughout the day. I have a job that I sit the whole time. This watch reminds me to get up and ...
  4. Procedure yesterday

I finally had my cervical epidural yesterday. I'm hoping beyond hope that this gives me relief. So far nothing, but the doctor did say it could take a few days or weeks. I'm already scheduled for another one on the 25th.

So... I freaking weighed 102 yesterday! That's a 17.5 BMI for me. The weight is just steadily dropping suddenly over the last week or two. It's stressing me out. Can pain cause you to burn more calories? If so, that could help explain it. The pain has been excruciating. ...
  5. 5 days from surgery...

My scale told me this morning that Ive now lost 29 lbs since I started this journey. Literally no pounds were lost during my 6 month physican assisted diet and exercise period. All on the liquid diet. I cant entirely trust my scale. I just dont believe it. I wonder if anyone else starting out over 400lbs has this same result.