Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

luvmynewself

diet confusion.

Rate this Entry
imstill a bit confused as to what i can eat now that im starting 6wks post op. Im also a bit scared to try some foods. I enjoyed cereal alot before i had surgery. And now i hear special k has a protien cereal out. Has anyone tried it? And what about tomatoes? I was told nothing with seeds for a while but tomatoes arent on my list of forbidden foods. Lol any advice would be appreciated,

Submit "diet confusion." to Digg Submit "diet confusion." to del.icio.us Submit "diet confusion." to StumbleUpon Submit "diet confusion." to Google

Comments

Slowly try different foods, small bites and let it settle, see what happens. I have been eating tomatoes for ages, try the cereal, let it sit in the milk, chew well and away you go. This is the fun part. Enjoy.... ps thanks for reminding about the special K plan to try that this week
    We can eat dry cereal but not cereal with milk because we can't have liquids with our meals. dry cereal would be once we can move to soft foods. I have a list of foods that I can eat at 6 weeks but I am not there yet - I remember being excited to see a tablespoon of peanut butter with crackers. So have you tried PP and crackers yet?
    all doctors recommend a slightly different diet. i have tried to stay on lean protein, and green vegetables. I am a little past seven weeks and i find that i tolerate most foods pretty well in small quantities.
    i totally forgot about the liquid & food mixed. i wonder if i still have to do that? i guess i have some questions for my doctor. i did try PB a few weeks ago. but last i knew i was not supposed to be having bread yet unless its toast wheat triangles. so i feel so limited. the Dr did say to start trying things slowly . i do know im still not supposed to have green veggies & high fiber foods which is killing me because i would love a salad or some black beans. i also am dying to eat a greek yogart any flavor other than plain or vanilla.
    i think the whole diet thing is a bit confusing as well. I have ust been experimenting myself to see how things work for me. I was on soft food by day 3 eating peanut butter, pickles, mashed pot's etc with no problems. i havent really tried anything crunchy such as cereal or crackers but then i am almost a week post op. I know when i started in "soft foods by day five i felt 100% better for sure. i say just read the post from people and figure out what you are willing to try.....i am down 10lbs since my surgery date so good luck!
    I was told that on day 15 I can have peanut butter on crackers but have to chew the crackers until they are very moist. I think it is so odd that doctors have such different post op plans - I can't move to soft foods until day 15 and the above post moved there on day three. I am day three today and drinking ISOPURE since each bottle has 40 grams of protein and it seems to be like water so using it for that too. I also am supposed to drink 4 ouces of skim milk a day and 4 ounces of 100% juice a day.
    I am 13 days out from surgery and would KILL for something to chew besides ice! I am really surprised at how different the diets are from the various doctors. I am allowed SF drinks, protein shakes, smoothies, creamed soups, SF jello or pudding. I see the nutritionist on Wednesday to be moved on to mushie foods. I wonder why the diets vary so much?