Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

One-Month-Sleevesary!

Rate this Entry
It has been a whole month since my gastric sleeve! I have not had one moment of regret! My energy has improved, but I am worn out whenever I got to the gym. I actually have been getting 7-8 hours of sleep on average this past week so that is a huge improvement!!!

I am basically still on liquid proteins, and have been introducing new foods some agree, and other have not agreed with me altogether. I may have something today, then if I try the next day again or later in the week, it grosses me out. Needless to say, I have picked up take out, and each time I have only eaten a couple of tablespoons from it. I got a bad stomach ache from spicy tuna the second time I ate it (note don't eat day old sushi!)

Since I didn't start measuring until about three weeks ago, I do not know how much I have lost since pre-op, but I can tell you that yesterday going through my clothes I found a pair of Juicy Couture Size L velour lounge pants I hadn't worn in like forever!!! and only wore once or twice before I outgrew them. If you are familiar with that brand they made them below the navel, and even back when I did wear them, I had a muffin top. Well, I put them on and no muffin top! They fitted perfect! My size 14's jeans are fitting perfect too! What this means I have gone down 2 (TWO) possibly three dress sizes!!! I remember the last time I went shopping size 18's were very snug and the dress room helper said they did not have a bigger size in this outfit, and brought me 20's which I refused to try and walked away depressed!

Drum roll....

Friday, June 17th Measurements

Neck: 14.5" down 0.8 in.

Bicep: 14.25" down 1.8 in.

Chest: 45.75" down 1.3 in.

Waist: 39.5" down 3 in.

Hip: 47.75" 1.3 in.

Thigh: 26.5" down 1.5 in.

Weight: 211.3lbs
Fat Mass: 47.6 down 4.5
BMI: 34.1 down 5.5
Height: 5' 6"

Since day of surgery to today I have lost 14.7lbs that is more than I have ever lost in a single month, ever!!!

I may not have the same results next month, but I will positively continue working my program one day at a time!

I may not always say or do the right things, but I am grateful to be part of this community and for the friendships I have made along the way. Thank you for all y'all's love and encouragement always!

We are in this struggle together!

Sending you Love, Peace and Light in your journeys!

Submit "One-Month-Sleevesary!" to Digg Submit "One-Month-Sleevesary!" to del.icio.us Submit "One-Month-Sleevesary!" to StumbleUpon Submit "One-Month-Sleevesary!" to Google

Comments

I love your positive attitude, Shirl!

I am by nature a "negative Nancy", but I appreciate a positivity in others. Thanks for all your device....I'm actually going back to more liquids after what your nut said!
    Happy sleeversary to you!! Time flies! It seems like I just saw your post going in for surgery. I wish I would have kept a log of my measurements. You're just like me, you didn't start with that much excess weight so I look forward to seeing your progress.
    Keep it up! You're doing awesome!
    WOO HOO! Wow! One month down...I can't wait. Must be a relief to have a month behind you and getting used to normal. Hope the foods gets better. No way I could be on liquids for a whole month....everyone's different and I wish they all had better guidelines and more standard guidelines for "you know you are ready for mush when..."

I have had no issues and here was my restricted list (until next Tuesday)....yogurt, cottage cheese, soft cheese, white fish, salmon, egg...can still do applesauce and protein shakes if needed.

I jumped the gun and just did wasist measurement out of curiosity and was down 1.5 inches already!! Can't wait to do the whole kit and caboodle LOL

I cannot even think about a gym or "real workout" at this point and am not cleared for that...only walking. NUT said this week that I could start very low weights when I felt ready....but SURG stressed not to do anything that engages my core until 6 weeks, so....?

Make sure you have a post op protein snack/drink!! Keep up the inspirational work
    HAPPY SLEEVERSARY!

Congratulations on your progress!

Wow! That is wonderful Shirl!!! I am so happy for you.
    You are doing the work. So happy for your success
    That is awesome! I wish I kept measurements too. I finally went to the store yesterday for the first time post surgery with a googled list of high protein fruits and other items. I need to be a little more organized but to wrap up a piece of Boars Head Honey Glazed Chicken roll was like heaven with my cottage cheese. We will make it together! All for one and one for all!