Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

bmiller140

You Look Different

Rate this Entry
Two weeks post-op and returned to work yesterday. Since I started my pre-op diet, I am down 2 pants sizes which has me very excited. Had to go to the skinny side of my closet for a top. And my shoes are too big - how crazy is that.

The funniest NSV came when I was meeting with a man in my office this morning. He knew that I was having the surgery but had no idea what changes it would cause. He was so polite as he said, "You look different. I mean you really look different. Your face is different." I laughed and shared my weight loss amount with him. And then he cautiously (you know you have to be careful these days) pointed out how good I look. I told him that he hasn't seen anything yet. By the time I get to my goal, no one will recognize me. We had a good laugh and again he said, "I can't get over how different you look." Funny thing is that I look the same to me.

Still on liquids but I'm embracing every step of the journey. According to most of the posts, I'm expecting the 3 week stall. We'll see because as pointed out many times - we are all different and lose weight in our own way.

Best of Luck to All Who Take this Journey - Bonnie

Submit "You Look Different" to Digg Submit "You Look Different" to del.icio.us Submit "You Look Different" to StumbleUpon Submit "You Look Different" to Google

Tags: journey Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Haha, now that must have been a rewarding experience having such a complement, at least he recognised you. Wouldn't it be fun in say 3 months, to see people you have not seen for a while and guage reactions!
    Keep it up. Do not dread the 3 week stall. I seem to lose the most inches during my stalls. This is when I see the most changes in my body sizes. I actually look forward to the stalls now so that I can drop another pant size, LOL. Godspeed on your journey.
    Keep up the good work. It's so nice getting compliments on our appearance. We see ourselves daily. It takes a while to see changes in ourselves...others can notice it a lot easier. So take it in! Enjoy it! Know you want more of it!...
    You can't control a possible stall, or hearing at 3 weeks out you may stall because so many people have. I have stalled a total of like 3 days during these 4 months post op. So, not everyone is the same. Know that.
    Awesome news! It's amazing how see ourselves but others notice. People who haven't seen me for awhile are saying that I look good and I always think "I'm glad you didn't see me 3 months ago!"

Stalls happen. Just remain true to the plan and keep your eye on your goal. You'll have success. This tool will help you get to where you want to be!
    Those comments kinda freak me out...I dont see the change in the mirrtor. I see it on the scale and in my clothes but I dont look 60 pounds lighter to me...
    You post made me giggle. I went into work today to pick up my check I've bee off for 2 weeks & my coworker said the same thing to me "you look different" and like you said I look the same to me. Well I'm glad we got the same reaction. Hope all is well Bonnie.
    ~ Marisol