Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Lightbulb moment

I've been struggling lately, after my recent blog posts anyone who's read them will know I've been scratching my head as to where I'm going wrong.
    Last night I was looking for recipes, menu ideas, that kind of thing when I came across a thread from a long time ago where the poster talked of being very hungry all the time. "That's just like me" I thought. I have been grazing a lot and the reason I've been grazing is because I never felt full and felt hungry all the darn time. I'd ...
  2. Tis the season!!

So, I have been so busy I have not had much time to get on here, but I wanted to drop in and give updates.

I am 2 1/2 months out from surgery and I am seeing the changes now. Before I knew in my head that there were changes, but when I looked in the mirror all I saw was the old fat self. Luckily my husband has been very generous at helping with that. He sends me texts periodically of pictures of me from years ago that I didnít even know he had with a side by side pic of the new me. ...
  3. I'm going wrong somewhere....

Yesterday I had my monthly check up at my surgeons. The physician's assistant took my blood pressure and weight and saw that I am 1.4lbs up from last month.
    She asked me what's going on...I honestly didn't know what to say. I was actually hoping she could offer me some insight into whats going on.
    My 3 weeks stall has turned into a 4 and 5 week stall. I explained about getting a nasty UTI that I was on antibiotics for and she told me that can definitely mess up my system. I'm also ...
  4. 24 days Post Op

Well, it's done!! Went into the hospital at 5:30 am on a Monday and left at 5pm on Tuesday. In that short span of time, I can already tell my life has changed dramatically and for the better. I went into surgery weighing 354 and went to my two week follow-up weighing 332. Now I know things will not be that drastic all this time, but it sure is a positive feeling to know things are heading in the right direction!!

Recovery was not too big of a deal and things went fairly smooth other ...
  5. Left Scratching My Head

A BIG thank you to everyone who responded and/or viewed this latest post (Update - Fluid Intake: 11/29/2017). After much consideration regarding this current situation, I am left scratching my head in wonder as to how I managed to get myself into such a predicament in the first place. I thought I was consuming adequate amounts of fluids, but after conversing with my wife about the events of yesterday, it was then that I realized I wasn't consuming the right amounts of liquids.

I ...