Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Misscole0014

I'm a sleever... and wants to know what was your hardest thing at first.....

Rate this Entry
Well... I am on the other side now. Starting week 2 and things are going well. I go to the DR on Friday. What was the hardest thing for you at first (or maybe still is)? Did you have that urge during your first week to want to "chew/eat" something. How did you get through your shakes? I am so missing fruit....
Got the exercising going, I have been walking a mile a day. I can't wait to add soft foods in to my diet.

Submit "I'm a sleever... and wants to know what was your hardest thing at first....." to Digg Submit "I'm a sleever... and wants to know what was your hardest thing at first....." to del.icio.us Submit "I'm a sleever... and wants to know what was your hardest thing at first....." to StumbleUpon Submit "I'm a sleever... and wants to know what was your hardest thing at first....." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

PATIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats! And welcome to the sleeved side! I had a hard time getting all my protein shakes in and fluids for that matter.. Still do
    The hardest thing for me at first was getting all the water in
    If you get the urge to chew/eat. I have read of people making a slush of thier clear liquids with ice so they could chew. Also Jello will help with the chewing.
    Pain was the hardest thing for me, then having to empty my drain, and then smell was pretty bad, and then having my drain removed was pretty AWFUL. So pain is the winner, it was the hardest-
    My issue almost two weeks post op is getting enough water in. Water seems to make me have the worse heartburn in the world. I also have wanted to chew something and i went ahead and tried a cracker....had no issues at all. Ok with the protein shakes....i add variety to those by adding different fruit to them.
    water is still my problem! i have to have a glass full of crushed ice with my water now before i didnt have that problem. even my bottled water i put in the freezer until it is almost frozen. i only like hot or ice cold drinks now.
    I'm with you sister!!!!!!
    Having a bad reaction to pain meds, and getting enough water and protein in. It gets easier, thank goodness!
    Sounds like you are doing great keep it up! My hardest thing has been the mindset I have had for so much of my life that I need a larger portion. At first I took to eating only on saucers so that my dinner looked the right size compared to the plate but there are STILL days I find myself piling the food on but luckily my brain is finally starting to change and I can see it when its too much before I begin eating and I can put some back.
    I actually JUST wrote a blog post about this. I'm only 3 days out of surgery. My biggest issue is wanting to eat. I don't have hunger but I still want to chew something yummy. LOL
    Oh I miss fruit as well - and I too like things cold. I don't like plain water - sometimes I just make myself take a sip - but have been adding crystal light for the most part. I made a roasted chicken dinner for my family last night - it smelled soo oooo good that I actually told them to enjoy and then I went upstairs...it took all I could not to have a bite of that chicken. I too cannot wait for the doctor to say - Scrambled eggs - and chicken...lol

But actually the hardest thing for me is constipation...surgery is healing well - I feel well - but when your constipated - it makes you feel - BLAH.

I walk - not far - probably about 1/4 of a mile right now - and I move around the house all day - but will be happy when my full energy is back. Everyday I take a nap...lol
    I am with you - I so miss fruit
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherAmy75
    I actually JUST wrote a blog post about this. I'm only 3 days out of surgery. My biggest issue is wanting to eat. I don't have hunger but I still want to chew something yummy. LOL
    I found that I was wanting to eat first few days. (I am only 8 days out)
    I swore my belly grumbled a lot and I wasn't getting enough with the protein shakes. I thought I was weird, "everyone" says they can't finish their shakes. I found as the days went on I wasn't hungry and the chewing sensation went away- not completely, but away. The bariatric nurse called me and I talked to her about being hungry and she asked - if I was hungry or feeling empty? I thought about it a lot when I get that hungry feeling now, I think about that question and I count the hours since my last 3 oz of shake. 99% of the time it is time to "eat" again. Try jello, you can chew that and that counts as liquids.
    Best of luck!!!