Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Tommy1969

Day 9 of Pre Op Liquid Diet and I have NOT cheated! Nor will I.

Rate this Entry
The reason for my post today is that I have spent time reading many message boards where people who have started the pre op diet have cheated and are asking if everything will be OK. This baffles me, I know it is difficult but I for one want to put myself in the best position possible when I have surgery next Tuesday. I would hate to have unnecessary complications or worst case have the surgeon call off the procedure. I have worked hard in getting to this point and would not want to jeopardize the best results possible or create more risk.

Now, the fun stuff. I am on day 9 of the Pre Op diet. For me a daily exact routine works best for me. I am taking Isopure Whey Protein mixed with WATER (50 Grams of protein per serving!!) No Carbs and no sugar. Banana is awesome! I drink chicken broth. Savory Choice has these individual condensed packets that I picked up on line and they work great for on the go, etc.. Lot's of water!! Sugar Free Powerade and Sugar Free Jello Gelatin.

I spread all the liquids through the day and have the jello at night.

My worst days were days 1-4. Now I am not really hungry and I am seeing some awesome results with shedding excess water and my feet and lower legs are not as swollen. From what I learned once you go into Ketosis you really don'g get too hungry.

I may also be twisted because every night I have been watching youtube videos about the best pizza in Chicago, New York, Conneticut, etc... This some how is working for me. I know that I am not going to be able to run away from food so I chose to confront it head on. This may not work for most but it works for me. Some mental stimuli.

I wish all the best of luck and I know it is early on and I will probably go through some serious ups and downs post op but the new me that I am creating will be worth the investment.

"If it was easy anyone could do it"

By the way, my wife has also been very supportive with picking up things I need and not tempting me as after all this is also a gift to her as well.

I will everyone the best of luck and I will keep posting every few days regarding my progress.

Regards,

Tom

Submit "Day 9 of Pre Op Liquid Diet and I have NOT cheated! Nor will I." to Digg Submit "Day 9 of Pre Op Liquid Diet and I have NOT cheated! Nor will I." to del.icio.us Submit "Day 9 of Pre Op Liquid Diet and I have NOT cheated! Nor will I." to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 9 of Pre Op Liquid Diet and I have NOT cheated! Nor will I." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Great job Tom. That attitude is going to be a blessing after surgery.
    Hey Tom - I just started the preop.. DAY 1!!! I am not terribly concerned about cheating because i want this more than anything.. but i am afraid of not having an exact plan in terms of food. I do my protein which i think i'm taking 92 g - 3 g sugar - 8 g carbs... But i'm so hungry... all i want to do is eat. How did you combat this? If you can do it i know i can too! Like you, i feel that having an exact routine will mean the difference between cheating and staying on track. I want to try to stay as far away from regular foods as i can just because it will be too tempting to fall off the wagon and my weightloss and health are too important to allow myself to be tempted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina
    Hey Tom - I just started the preop.. DAY 1!!! I am not terribly concerned about cheating because i want this more than anything.. but i am afraid of not having an exact plan in terms of food. I do my protein which i think i'm taking 92 g - 3 g sugar - 8 g carbs... But i'm so hungry... all i want to do is eat. How did you combat this? If you can do it i know i can too! Like you, i feel that having an exact routine will mean the difference between cheating and staying on track. I want to try to stay as far away from regular foods as i can just because it will be too tempting to fall off the wagon and my weightloss and health are too important to allow myself to be tempted.
    Hi Seraphina, I found the best way was not to skip any fluid and that the broth was a good supplement between shakes and water. I saved the sugar free gelatin until the evening as it gave me the sensation that I was actually eating something. I also found that days 1-4 were the most difficult and then after that it got much easier. Also, when you do get hungry drink something, it will pass pretty quickly. Good luck! I am on day 15 of my pre op diet. Surgery tomorrow!!
    Gelatin as in prepared Jello? Today is day 1 of pre-op diet for me.