Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Meagan

4 wk stall @ 13 weeks(3mo)-how to break it?

Rate this Entry
I'm not here to gripe about a stall, but I would like to know if there's anything else I can do besides what I'm doing to break it and get back on track to lose these last 10-15lbs.

I'm tracking all my food on MFP, hitting on average 750-800 cal a day. Yet I've tried a day or two a week of up to 1000 cal, using mostly nuts or meat to up the calories not junk, the past 2 weeks to see if that would "jump start" it, but it didn't affect up or down. I'm getting about 60 g of protein in a day, 50-65 oz of water (rarely anything else- like, 5 oz 1xwk of diet peach tea or diet coke), eating "no" potatoes, grain, cereal, pastas, breads, etc. I take a womens multi vit everyday. I still have quite a bit of restriction, so I alternate most days with meat days, veggie days (being mostly meat with some veggie and vice versa) and low cal greek yogurt everyday, usually with a nectarine for a snack.
Mind you, I don't exercise much at all other than active housework and climbing my stairs everyday, and I walk 2 x a week for 20 minutes. Now that it's not 107 deg outside! I'd like to buy a bicycle with my next paycheck and start biking with my daughter.

I really can't figure out what else to do. I don't feel 'panicky' by any means, I just want to do the right things and not hinder any potential progress.

I am "happy" where I am, but I would like to lose a little more now for future wiggle room.

Anyone have a better idea?

Submit "4 wk stall @ 13 weeks(3mo)-how to break it?" to Digg Submit "4 wk stall @ 13 weeks(3mo)-how to break it?" to del.icio.us Submit "4 wk stall @ 13 weeks(3mo)-how to break it?" to StumbleUpon Submit "4 wk stall @ 13 weeks(3mo)-how to break it?" to Google

Tags: eating, stall Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You lost 45lbs in 13 weeks!! Wow!! Did you stall at all before this? I know the 3 week stall is usually because our bodies go into starvation mode and hold onto everything, until they figure out that this is normal, and then loosing starts again.
    How long have you been in this stall? I've read of people eating a candy bar one day and it breaks the stall......I'm not saying to do that.....but maybe at this point try to up the calories to 1200. Remember, if you take in 800cal and burn off 400 exercising, then your really only at 400cal. I would see about upping the calories for a few days and see what happens. I saw a picture of you at (I think it said) 158lbs on your profile and you looked great!!
    Let us know if you break thru, I'm sure you'll get some great advice here.
    Thanks.
    It's been about 4 weeks. I'd tried one day of just eating whatever I felt like, ignoring the protein count, leaving the yogurt alone for the day, and ate a peanut butter snickers (little all day, can't just eat the whole thing, feel sick with that much sugar now), and had a bite of biscuit (meh, dont' care for them as much as I used to). No change.

I doubt I'm burning much at all in "exercise", I'd be surprised to burn more than 200 in regular activity beyond sustaining energy calorie needs.

I did finally break it all the sudden and one morning the scale said 144, yay! Did nothing to make it happen, just a long wait! Will probably sit here at 144 for 4 more weeks, lol.

My fitness Pal shows I am able to eat more, at about 1000-1100 cal. some days, even eating "right" (no pasta/bread/grain/sweets other than yogurt/jello). But, I don't want to get stuck only being able to maintain weight at extremely low calories, so I am glad I'm able to eat a little more and still be dropping.

Thanks Aydensmomma
    I have stalled also. Surgery date 7/14/15 I have lost 30lbs. I am currently in a 2 week stall. Decided to cut back on fruit and eat only veggies. I still can't eat 800 calories. I am only getting in 500-600. No more lunch meat. Only what I cook. No more peanut butter I am using PB2. Scale did finally move today. I am hoping it continues. Will let you know.
    Thanks Lizzy and congrats on your 30 lbs! That's great, I'm sure you feel so much better. Thanks, The fruit is probably a good idea to cut back on that I didn't think of. I can't do peanut butter, it gives me dumping syndrome, and I use the PB2, I love it.
    It really amazes me how many grams of SUGAR there are in things, and I just googled we as women are only "supposed" to have about 26 grams a day!!! WHAT??? A can of coke has 39!! one cup of Yogurt has up to 19g! 1 peach has 13g! The sugar is probably the cause of the stall. If I could just reach for salty or meats, I'd probably do a lot better. That will be a new goal to count sugars, since the scale isn't moving, we have to make new things to focus on to keep it interesting.